Search Unity

Bug Unity 2020 wants to change Transforms to RectTransforms!! NGUI

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by andyz, Jun 25, 2021.

1. andyz

andyz

Specifically I am using NGUI and it is a mess after upgrading from 2019 LTS to 2020 LTS, because now Unity wants to convert all NGUI component Transforms into RectTransforms. This mostly happens at runtime (lots of warnings in console), though some convert on upgrading a project.
    Basically it is a bit of a mess for (edit) me so what has changed that triggers Transforms to become RectTransforms?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Looking at the asset store page, it looks like NGUI is still getting active support. A new version was just posted to the store today. But I would probably ask these kind of questions on the NGUI support forum. You'll probably get a better response.

3. andyz

andyz

It is not a standard NGUI issue - but it is happening in my project after 2020 upgrade so I need to know what triggers the conversion of a Transform to a RectTransform by the editor

Bug# 1346253

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  4. andyz

andyz

Something was added to the editor in 2020.2.0 which makes it want to add RectTransforms to some components which do not have them - why, for what reason, I am not sure...