Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug unity 2020 has weird glitch like a z fighting on UI in android

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Thaina, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Thaina

Thaina

Only happen in android, and only when there is so many ui object in the scene, there would be this weird glitch come out in a frame has movement. But it never happen in 2018 build or even 2020 in desktop editor

The left one is normal visually, the right one is when I have dragging a scrollrect around

What happen and are there any possible fix?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

In this case you perhaps found a regression. Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

karl_jones and LeonhardP like this.
  3. Thaina

Thaina

@Peter77 Sorry I have many complication to use that formal reporting so I can't

But for adding information. This problem was not occur in 2020.2.0a13

4. Thaina

Thaina

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

6. Thaina

Thaina

@LeonhardP What does it means for `Fix In Review` ?

If it means fix but not released then which version it will? Unity 2020.1.2 just released, is it already fixed?

7. Thaina

Thaina

@LeonhardP Currently it said fix for all

But which version is fixed in 2020.1 ?
    Is it already fixed in 2020.1.3 or the next release? Or it is fixed from package?

upload_2020-8-26_12-55-46.png

8. Thaina

Thaina

@LeonhardP @karl_jones What is the actual state of this bug? I want to revert back to beta version because I want to use cloud build. This is blocking issue for me currently

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It means we have a potential fix that is currently being reviewed internally. Once it passes review it will get merged to the main development branch and then get published as part of the next build. Once it has been merged the status will change to "Fixed" even if it hasn't been published yet. That is an unfortunate shortcoming of the issue tracking solution we're using but it's likely going to see some improvements in the future (no ETA).

This particular fix is part of 2020.1.4 and 2019.4.9.

Thaina likes this.
  10. Thaina

Thaina

Thank you very much

LeonhardP likes this.