Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 2020 did not copy all folder in Assets/Plugins to gradleOut properly

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Thaina, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Thaina

Thaina

Using unity 2020.1 beta and having problem building android. Investigate error
    Failed to read Firebase options from the app's resources.
    And found out that the difference is, in unity 2018 (which I develop mainly) was differed from unity 2020 that it did not copy the same bunches of folders as in 2018

upload_2020-3-19_21-36-5.png

And this below is my project structure related to the output build

upload_2020-3-19_21-37-34.png

As you can see, building the same project, in 2018 it has been copied all the folders reside in folder
    Plugins/Android
    while in 2020 it only copied from
    Assets/<SomeFolder>/Plugins/Android/
    while missed out
    Assets/Plugins
    itself. And some plugins, specifically firebase, has folder contains files required for their system, might not work properly. Which seem like a main cause of error I got above

What happen between these unity version and how to fix this?

I have been skipped from 2018 to 2020 so I don't know if this also happen in 2019 or is specifically problem in 2020

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce the issue, I recommend to create a new project that only contains the files to reproduce the problem and then submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

If it works in 2018, then you most likely found a regression. It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.