Search Unity

Bug Unity 2020 Collab UI not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MystFTG, Jan 6, 2021.

1. MystFTG

MystFTG

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with the Collaboration UI in Unity 2020. (.1.13f in this case, but I've seen it happen in earlier version .1.2f1 as well)

I have visual glitches in the collab UI with two variations:
    1) The whole collab UI is scaled down, but only visually, the actual checkboxes, description textbox and publish button are still in their unscaled position.
    2) Most of the text and icons are missing. I don't have checkboxes, maybe an icon and in the collab history I don't see any text, maybe sometimes a line of text that is cut off horizontally.

I've attached an image showing both variations from the same project, there's three changed files in both screenshots. Which one of the visual errors shows up is random, but it basically never works correctly. (messed up scaled version on the left, missing elements version on the right)

editor_scale_1.png

Some details that might help:
    I'm using Windows 10 20H2 with the latest updates
    Display resolution is 1920x1080 (dual monitor setup, but it also happens if I only use one screen)
    GPU is Intel Iris Plus 655 on an 8th Gen i5, latest driver installed (27.20.100.9126 from a few days ago, bug was present before)
    Windows Scaling is at 100% and Unity editor scaling as well (or scaled like Windows, no difference). Changing the scaling in windows or unity doesn't do anything.

The bug only seems to appear in the collab ui. Every other part of the editor is working fine as far as I can tell.
    And it's only in Unity 2020, as 2019 doesn't have the new collab ui.

This makes it very hard to mark and upload specific files, write a description etc. because I have to guess what's where. I also can't make out what other people have uploaded as there's never any readable text beyond the first horizontally cut off lines.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is it a known bug?
    Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: (I've been testing a bit more)
    -changing the resolution or refresh rate doesn't change anything
    -resizing the editor window doesn't change anything
    -I tested it on a laptop (x230 thinkpad with hd4000 intel graphics) and the bug was not present

Also: Uninstalling and reinstalling unity and the unity hub doesn't help. The error also occurs in freshly downloaded projects

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. MystFTG

MystFTG

Any ideas? It's almost impossible to use the collab mode, because I can't see other people's notes and uploading becomes a guessing game where the checkboxes and buttons are.

3. MystFTG

MystFTG

I'm still experiencing this issue in all versions of Unity 2020 up to 2020.2.4f1.

I've completely uninstalled all Unity versions, removed the hub, manually deleted all files left from Unity in Appdata and Program Files and redownloaded a project from collab. But nothing changes and except for a complete reinstall of Windows, I'm out of ideas. The collab UI is almost not usable in this state.

The issue also affects other elements of the UI such as the UI Toolkit debugger.

I also gave Unity 2021.1.0b6 a shot, where the problem is even worse. Here more elements are affected and I can't even correctly click the play/pause buttons in the editor as they're visually smaller and not where the actual button is.