Search Unity

Unity 2020 cloud build fails when a default physics material is set

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by rob133, Oct 19, 2021.

1. rob133

rob133

Hi, we recently updated our project from Unity 2018.4.35 to Unity 2020.3.18 and while we managed to get it building locally, UCB always fails when importing the first physics material in the project if we have a default physics material set (Project Settings -> Physics -> Default Material).

This wasn't a problem with Unity 2018, but now all 2020 builds for Android fail with the following:

This likely affects iOS cloud builds as well, but we've disabled that due to Xcode 12.5 dependencies, so I can't confirm.

'Default.physicMaterial' is the first material imported in the build process. We have several in the project but it doesn't get to the others (i.e. we previously had one called 'Bouncy' and that would be the one it failed on until it was removed from the project).

It doesn't seem to matter if the physics material is the one set as default, only that a default is set.

Any ideas? I've tried clean build and force reserializing all the physics materials to no avail. The only way to get it to build is to set the default physics material to nothing. Thanks in advance.

2. rajivrao

rajivrao

Unity Technologies

Hi @rob133 -- this is the first I've heard of this...have you submitted a support ticket for this? That would be the fastest way to get the team to investigate this.

3. rob133

rob133

Thanks @rajivrao I haven't yet, since being an issue that only occurs in cloud build it's a bit harder to create and test a minimal project that can reproduce the problem for the ticket. Unless you think it would still be worthwhile submitting the description I've given above without a full sample project? I can attach a few key files (e.g. package manifest, project settings, physicMaterial file) for now, until I have more time to work on it.

4. rajivrao

rajivrao

Unity Technologies

I think that should be fine for a start.

5. rob133

rob133

Done! Cheers