Search Unity

Bug Unity 2020 animator bugged?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Crawdad, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad

I recently started fiddling with the animator in Unity 2020, and I'm having a lot of issues I could use some help with. Firstly, anytime I have any animation selected, my CPU shoots through the roof, even when it's not previewing.

upload_2022-3-21_11-31-42.png

Secondly, anytime I make a transition, the state being transitioned from bugs so that the motion information in the inspector tab is no longer visible, and also once again, the CPU shoots through the roof.

upload_2022-3-21_11-35-36.png

Does anyone have suggestions on a fix for this? I did some googling and couldn't find a similar issue on recent versions. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It turns out this is not restricted to the animator. CPU also shoots through the roof if I have any of the packages in the package manager selected. Is it possible to move this thread to a more appropriate forum without recreating?

upload_2022-3-21_11-44-24.png

EDIT: The bug seems to be tied to the inspector window. Even with a package in the package manager highlighted, if I have a game object selected so that the inspector is showing that information, the CPU drops back down to normal. I was able to recreate this on a completely empty project.

upload_2022-3-21_11-59-57.png

EDIT: I was able to reproduce all of these issues after a fresh instillation of Unity 2020.3.31f1 with a fresh empty project. Surely someone else is having these issues.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  2. Crawdad

Crawdad