Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity 2020.3.9f won't open even after reinstalling it

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Mashimaro7, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Not sure why, i have a project that was made for 2020.3.9f, i was able to open it just fine until today. I've tried deleting the whole project and redownloading it from Github, as well as deleting the editor version twice and redownloading it.

Basically it gives me no errors or anything, i click the project in unity hub, and it seems to be loading, but the Unity editor window doesn't pop up or anything. I can click it over and over and it shows this,

But nothing happens. If i click it again it doesn't even say "this project is already open".

It works if i change the version, but i don't think my other coworkers want me to change the version.

After trying to open another project in the same version, it also doesn't work. So it seems this version of the editor broke, but i dont understand why reinstalling it isn't fixing this?? I even tried reinstalling Unity Hub

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Edit: Figured it out. Unity needs to fix this, but it's because my old client cancelled my unity pro subscription. No error messages or anything saying this is why it couldn't be opened...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023