Search Unity

Bug Unity 2020.3.3f1 Unity Inspector stuck in constant load : oninspectorgui

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ashworth, Apr 13, 2021.

1. ashworth

ashworth

Since the update, I am unable to do anything in my project. Even just clicking the tools in the ribbon bar will trigger oninspectorgui. This hasn't happened with previous versions, and since i only just recently updated my project and so far i am unimpressed.

Short of rolling back or trying 2021 builds i don't know how to fix this issue, and since i can't click anything without triggering oninspectorgui i have had to crash editor through task manager.

I have attached an GIF of how bad this is.

Keep in mind i have AMD 3950x, 32GB ram and running on m.2 SSDs so there is no hardware reason why loading is slow. And given the size of my project (1.32gb compiled with a lot of unused models currently). The only thing i have installed is Uber Shaders, and URP, and the rest is generic classes coded by hand with the exception of a few model packs and UMA. Even if this issue is tied to an asset package, i don't see why this problem didn't happen in 2019.x versions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  2. ashworth

ashworth

UPDATE : This problem doesn't exist in 2021.1.2f1 for me either, its specific to 2020.3.3f1

3. Metthatron

Metthatron

I can confirm this bug happened to me working on a custom inspector. Any fixes?

4. Metthatron

Metthatron

Another crash today while working in Editor.
    Happens only in 2020 LTS
    upload_2021-6-2_19-54-44.png

5. GB2102

GB2102

Hi,I encounter this problem once, after check my wrong code I fixed it, maybe you could check your code to confirm if there exists some dead cycle in it,like while(true){} etc.