Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Unity 2020.2 Betas?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by backwheelbates, Nov 4, 2020.

1. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi,
    I had posted about a cloud build error on the Animation Rigging forum, and @simonbz suggested I ask here. It looks like to solve my issue I would need to use Unity 2020.2 or newer to build my project, although it doesn't look like any of the 2020.2 betas are available yet via cloud build.

I just wanted to see if I can make a request to have this one added or do you have a timeline when it might be added?

Thanks!

https://forum.unity.com/threads/ani...-to-its-protection-level.998075/#post-6491529

Eric

2. victorw

victorw

Yeah for beta versions we don't necessarily add them unless we get a customer request for a specific version. Alpha versions are the same except you also need to get added to a special permissions list before they will show up as an option.

In either case though it's not a big deal, just let me know which version you want added. Opening a support ticket is also a good way to get them added since Unity doesn't officially offer support via the forums whereas we do have dedicated support engineers.

backwheelbates likes this.
  3. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Thanks @victorw I'll definitely make a support request next time now that I understand the process.

Since we are already chatting here, I'll just mention the latest 2020.2 build. 2020.2.0b10. This one would be great.
    Thanks again!!

4. victorw

victorw

FYI I'm seeing a bunch of quite worrying errors when building Mac Universal target in 2020 beta, we're doing some investigation but might be waiting on an Editor fix before we are willing to fully support the version in UCB. If you want the version released urgently and don't care about those issues then it's probably best to submit a support ticket - that way we can just add you to the alpha permissions list and release the version there.

backwheelbates likes this.
  5. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

6. victorw

victorw

FYI we just finished tracking down the issue and yeah it seems like all MacOS targets are currently impossible for UCB to build in 2020.2 and 2021.1. The fix for this is going to be released in 2020.2.0b14 and 2021.1.0a8 so we expect to enable support once that is available.