Search Unity

Official Unity 2020.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dCalle

dCalle

2. snacktime

snacktime

VS 16.7.X is a horrorfest. Files stop saving, VS/Unity step on each other during VS reloads and VS starts throwing up errors everywhere and has to be forced quit at times.

Lastest VS package.

Not just my install I've tested it on two machines same results.

Insult on Injury you cannot downgrade VS community. So Unity really needs to prioritize fixing this as there are no workarounds I could find.

3. CDF

CDF

Same here. I've had a few instances of making huge code changes only to find unity won't reload. I close VS and all my changed code was lost.

Let's just say some profanity was expressed very loudly.

And yeah. VS doesn't reload correctly. Keeps opening new instances. Old instances stuck on "reload solution".

Don't even get me started on double clicking code links in the console too...

It's not good

4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Try Script inspector 3, its very nice

5. michealcaj

michealcaj

Hmmmmm interesting

6. Deozaan

Deozaan

Now we just need dark themes for the forums and the documentation and then our eyes can truly be happy. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    JesOb likes this.
  7. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

WolveX and LeonhardP like this.
  8. michealcaj

michealcaj

Yeeeehaaa

9. Deozaan

Deozaan

DarkReader is not perfect, but it's usually better than nothing and I use it all the time on my PC. But I actually spend most of my time on the forum while using my mobile (Android) device(s). Unfortunately DarkReader doesn't appear to work for Chrome on Android. :(

10. REDvsGREEN

REDvsGREEN

In version 2020.1.6f and 7f i get huge garbage collection spikes on empty projects on the player loop.

seems to be Initialization.PlayerUpdateTime causing it.

Steps to replicate:
    1.Start a new project
    2. Hit play

upload_2020-10-4_13-35-52.png

Anyone else seeing the same?

11. andras_szabo

andras_szabo

Hi there. I'm looking for a bit of background information on a bug that was fixed in 2020.1.15f1 (with the fix backported to older versions as well).

The bug in question is this: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...not-cleared-when-loading-and-unloading-scenes, and the release notes say this much: "Kernel: Fixed to improve memory management for storing object information. (1275751)"

Using an older version of Unity (2019.4.10f1), I'm trying to reproduce this bug to see if this version is affected as well, as to me it's unclear when this bug got introduced. But the notes on the ticket are a bit vague without the repro project. So I'd like to know more about this issue- which versions it affects; how exactly it manifests itself, and how to reproduce it. I'd be super grateful for any info about this. Thanks in advance!

firstuser likes this.
  12. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

The "Reproducible with" note in the bug-report usually represents the minimum Unity versions QA was able to reproduce the bug.

In this case it says 2019.4.11f1, thus I assume the issue does not exist in 2019.4.10f1. On the other hand, they also often have a "Not reproducible with" note, that is missing in this report. So it's indeed not 100% clear.

andras_szabo likes this.
  13. Abruzzi

Abruzzi

Hi! Where is UnityEditor.iOS in 2020.1.17?
    All was fine on previous 2020.1.16. But after update to 2020.1.17 UnityEditor.iOS dissapear

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Scripts\BuildPipeline\LocalizationPostBuildProcess.cs(5,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'iOS' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

14. Mauri

Mauri

Dumb question maybe, but have you checked that
    iOS Build Support
    is installed?

firstuser and Abruzzi like this.
  15. Abruzzi

Abruzzi

It is not dumb question :D For some reason the iOS Build Support checkbox turned off! :) So sorry and thanks ;) I need a vacation 0_o

Mauri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.