Search Unity

Unity 2020.1 broke Visual Studio for Mac integration

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Spriteborne, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Spriteborne

Spriteborne

So 2020.1 completely broke Visual Studio integration for me and I'm at my wit's end trying to fix it. I'm on a Mac and Visual Studio does not have any Unity integration anymore no matter what I try (doesn't recognize types like Vector3, doesn't recognize [SerializeField], nothing). Older projects in 2019.4 still work correctly, so I've isolated it to being specifically Unity 2020.1 that's the problem.

-I'm on OS Catalina
    -I'm using the Visual Studio Editor 2.0.2 package (and I've tried using it without)
    -I've tried a fresh Visual Studio install
    -Visual Studio is up to date and works fine with older projects
    -I tried deleting my Library and rebuilding it
    -I tried deleting all my .csproj and .sln files, then opening a script from inside Unity to rebuild them
    -I tried reimporting all assets
    -I tried regenerating project files (and tried all of those check boxes checked and unchecked)
    -Yes, "Visual Studio for Mac [8.6.7]" is selected as my External Script Editor

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone had it and fixed it? I've had intellisense / Unity integration break before, but I've always been able to fix it by resetting "Visual Studio" in the External Script Editor.

2. Spriteborne

Spriteborne

I've done more digging and it's literally just this one project. All other projects work fine, including new projects in 2020.1 and updated versions of old projects brought into 2020.1. This one specific project refuses to work and I have no idea why.

3. Vryken

Vryken

4. Spriteborne

Spriteborne