Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Unity 2020.1 and Animation Rigging

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Vit3D, May 23, 2020.

1. Vit3D

Vit3D

Greetings,

Currently I'm working at human character model which will use "Animation Rigging" package features, so I decided to test it in the 2020.1 beta.

After beta installation I created empty project and tried to add "Animation Rigging" package, but 2020.1 beta Package Manager does not show "Animation Rigging" package in the list and also it does not have "Advanced>Show preview packages" option.

For next test I exported my asset package (which used "Animation Rigging") from Unity 2019.3 and imported it in 2020.1 project. And again I have been not able to add required package using Package Manager.

Finally I converted whole 2019.3 project to 2020.1b. In this case "Animation Rigging" appears in Package Manager list and even show that new version is available.

So it's simply impossible in current Unity 2020.1b to start new project which will use "Animation Rigging" and I think that this is incorrect -- should be the way to show all packages (including preview) which compatible with current version in the Package Manager list.

Also I think that will be very useful if on loading asset package (from store or from file) Unity will automatically recognize system packages used (required) in it and advise to add them in the project.

Hope this feedback will be useful.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There were some changes to the Package Manager UI in 2020.1. This is no longer a preference but a project specific setting.

3. Mysterious_m

Mysterious_m

LeonhardP likes this.