Search Unity

Unity 2020.1.4f1 hangs on Importing (iteration 2) during build

Discussion in 'Web' started by Kozaki2, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Kozaki2

Kozaki2

Hi, my problem is that Unity 2020.1.4f1 on Ubuntu 20.04 hangs when I try to build my project in WebGL. I don't know what to do about it :/

Attached Files:

2. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Try removing all files from the project until the issue no longer occurs - and report the minimal offending project as a bug. (Or does the issue already occur on an empty project?)

3. Kozaki2

Kozaki2

Hi, thanks for your answer. I did what you said and I figured out that the problem is probably with addressables because I am able to build my project without addressables build. When I build my addressable group using Window -> Asset Management -> Addressables -> Groups -> Build -> New build -> Default Build Script and then when I try to build the whole project for WebGL platform then the unity stucks on "Reserializing assets"

//edit
    It happens also on completely fresh project. I created new project with addressables library, created new scene and marked it as addressable. Created build for addressables and then tried to build whole project. The result is the same as described above

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Good reduction - that narrows it down pretty well. Definitely go ahead and report the reduced project as a bug and it'll trickle up our way.

5. Jinngoo

Jinngoo

It's still happening in 2020.2.2f1

6. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately we did not get a bug report about this. If you have a test case that you can report, that would be much appreciated!