Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2020.1.0 Alpha 16 has been released

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by davidlovegrove, Dec 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidlovegrove

davidlovegrove

Unity Technologies

Greetings users!

Unity 2020.1.0 Alpha 16 is now available.

Installers and release notes available at:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/alpha/2020.1.0a16

Current documentation (note that this is not necessarily updated in sync with the beta releases):

- User Manual
    - Script Reference

Please remember to back up your projects before opening them in a alpha build!

Deleted User likes this.
  2. ibbybn

ibbybn

Definitely definitely backup this time to everyone.
    First time I can't even open unity after importing it crashes and when reloading editor also crashes.
    0x00007FF6BCC97845 (Unity) GizmoManager::BuildGizmosFromGameObjectRecursive
    is the top thing in the stack trace.
    Can't reproduce with new project so will try to hunt it down.. Might just be the first scene it's trying to load.

EDIT: After deleting the scene it was trying to load it starts the vanilla unity scene but I still can't load any of my other scenes without crashing.. Also noticed that all of my prefabs have missing scripts even though there are no compile errors.. So the prefabs lost script references ( can reassign the same ones that were there ).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  3. ibbybn

ibbybn

Scenes without prefabs are loadable but many script refs are missing on the gameobjects even though there are no compiler errors.. All the values when reassigning scripts are lost.
    All the scenes with prefabs ( with missing scripts refs ) just crash with the build gizmos stack trace.
    I haven't found a pattern yet why some script refs are missing and some arent.. Time to revert back not a usable build unfortunately.

EDIT: Material refs are also missing on many MeshRenderers so seems it has nothing to do with the scripts.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why is the Visual Studio Editor package installed by default in new projects? It's not needed. I removed it and created a new script which worked perfectly. Visual Studio opened normally, and so on.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2019
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  5. bugfinders

bugfinders

Its been doing that a while, theres ones for raider and vs code too. It may still work but I stupidly assumed it was a beneficial tool and that they wouldnt have bothered making it if it didnt do anything. I dont think its about the launching, its about the interaction of other packages, and so on.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, but these two packages are needed, Visual Studio Editor is not. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.