Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019 Function descriptions missing(All of it, not only on unity specific stuff)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RustyCrow, May 18, 2019.

1. RustyCrow

RustyCrow

EDIT : BUG Fixed in unity 2019.1.4f1

Hello devs, I have stumbled upon this issue while coding some new stuff i have never worked with before. I have gotten used to the API so i just didn't notice, but coding this new functionality (drag and drop stuff) i am clueless and i need these desc to find what i am looking for quickly without going to the docs every 5 mins.
    I went back to older projects to see if it worked in 2018.3.7 and yes there i have full desc.

I cant find much info on this, and it seems not meny people are having this issue but some people are asking on the Unity Answer and not getting answer so i thought i would try my luck here, Here are also pics of the problem.

It seamed the 2019 installation is messed up, so i reinstalled. same problem. VS 2019 works with unity 2018 and on other non unity related projects.
    i want to blame Unity Hub for this but i found some information from before the HUB so i am not sure where the problem can be. I did try the solution but it didn't work for me, and i am not sure how to reconnect the XML files which hold the function desc.

Side Note -> check out this installation path ( Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.1.1f1\2019.1.3f1\Editor ) Is this Normal ??? i was going to delete my 2019.1.1f1 install since i updated , would this delete the new update? UnityHub can i choose where to install my stuff somehow ?

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. RustyCrow

RustyCrow

I cant seem to find a fix for this. I did however find that VS2017 maybe still works, so i am gonna go and download that and see if i can get my descriptions back
    (EDIT -> didnt work i guess it has to be Unity 2019 ).

one more thing do not disable tools for unity in vs2019 you wont be able to enable it again even if you reinstall it.

Last edited: May 20, 2019