Search Unity

Unity 2019.4.18f1 LTS is suddenly bloating my harddrive while building Android Application

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kay86X, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Kay86X

Kay86X

Hello,

On the previous LTS version I had (2019.4.9) building an Android app doesn’t take up much time on first build and definately doesn’t just bloat up the PC’s memory during build process for a small mobile app

I upgraded to 2019.4.18f1 recently and I wanted to build one new Android app to test for the first time and I noticed after about 1 hour (which is way longer than usual), my PC alerted me of low memory and unity crashed, I checked and yeah about 30Gb of free space I previously had was just gone! I was simply building an Android APK with not other attachments (not .aab file and it’s debug symbols, nor an Android studio package), just an APK for a small sized game and Unity just bloated my PC’s memory with 30GB of garbage I can’t even identify where.

I deleted some things to try creating some space then restarted my Laptop but my laptop is no more starting up windows.

This is the first time I’m having this problem since I started using Unity over 4 years ago, please what is the problem here?