Search Unity

Unity 2019.3 window redraw bug

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Lincolnsoft, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Lincolnsoft

Lincolnsoft

Using Unity 2019.3 on Ubuntu 16.04 under GNOME this is what happens whenever I open a new window inside Unity. Import Package window shown here as an example. The outline of the window will show, but its contents will not be displayed. Moving the window causes the contents of whatever was underneath the window when it first appeared to move. I can still interact with the UI elements if you know where they are placed (for instance, the Import button is in the lower right corner of the Import Unity Package window, if I click the mouse there while this window is blank it will still import the package.) It can happen with any of the windows under the Window menu. Only fix I've found is to restart Unity with that particular window open (this is why the Tile Pallette window displays correctly here.)

Sometimes the dropdown menus will also fail to display and again, restarting Unity is the only workaround I've found. It gets annoying to have to restart it when I'm working on something and this happens. Does anyone else experience this and are there any versions that don't have this bug? Any solutions? (I've tried a number of 2019.x versions).

Attached Files: