Search Unity

Unity 2019.3 VR Oculus camera jitter (using URP)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by jazzbach, Jan 14, 2020.

1. jazzbach

jazzbach

Hello !

I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f5 and I'm doing a basic VR test where I imported the Universal Render Pipeline and created a scene with just a cube and a camera (not using Oculus Integration at all). I'm using the new XR Plugin Management and have added a "TrackedPosedDriver" to the camera.

When I run the scene from within unity, the VR camera movement is fluid and without any hiccups, but if I do a build and run it, the camera shows some jitter or stutter, and it's more noticeable when I strafe my head sideways (as if there were some missing frames). It is particularly apparent when the Unity Splash Screen appears and I rotate my head, the "Unity" logo doesn't move smoothly.

I've also done the test with a "OVRCamerRig" (from Oculus Integration 12.0) and the same stutter happens. Even without using the URP, the stutter persists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated to solve this issue. Thanks beforehand :D

Minchuilla likes this.
  2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-v12-stuttering-issues/

3. jazzbach

jazzbach

Thank you so much for your reply ROBYER1. I hope Facebook does something about this :(