Search Unity

Unity 2019.3 LWRP UI dark on linear color space

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by MateAndor, Jan 29, 2020.

1. MateAndor

MateAndor

Hello guys!

I installed unity 2019.3.0f6 yesterday and I try to build my project to an android device, but the UI is darker.
    I tried latest versions of 2019 and in this versions all the scene darker, but idk, the problem is just in my side?
    (i use post processing)

thanks, Andor

2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Are you using built-in or URP or HDRP or a custom SRP?
    How do you render UI?

3. MateAndor

MateAndor

Hello!

I created the project in 2018 where I just created an LWRP project and I tried to open in 2019.3
    I use these settings:

Attached Files:

4. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

5. MateAndor

MateAndor

Yeah, this is the same problem. What you think, when can you solve this problem?
    Because of this problem, I cant use 2019 :(

6. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Well, I will solve it. It will just take some time, and I can't say, how much exactly.
    I would suggest to watch this other thread, I'll do a post there when the issue is resolved.

7. MateAndor

MateAndor

Thanks!

8. Harran922

Harran922

Same issue. 2019.3 URP UI dark in linear color space on some android devices.

9. Harran922

Harran922

2019.3 URP UI dark in linear color space on Mumu Android emulator and possibly some android devices. No post-processing. I tested UI canvas with three render modes. Only the canvas in world space shows correct color.

Attached Files:

10. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Unity does not officially support emulators.

11. Harran922

Harran922

I see. I will find some android devices to test later.

12. forgegametech

forgegametech

Hello @aleksandrk, we still have this issue on 2020.3.15 (URP). Color space is set to linear. We have darkened UI on some android devices.

Opeth001 likes this.
  13. Opeth001

Opeth001

Hello @aleksandrk
    I still have this problem till now :(
    I've seen other threads reporting this bug from 2017 and I think this issue should be taken more seriously by Unity as it kills the visual identity of a project.
    Here we are 5 years later and the bug persists.
    Can you please report this again internally?

Thanks !

14. TLukas

TLukas

Unity Technologies

@Opeth001 The closest sounding report for URP we currently have is UUM-12673.

Looking at it, it's an issue with unused Post Processing Shader variant stripping. Basically, brightness in the Player will be different when you have the "Grading Mode" set to "High Dynamic Range" in the URP asset and have "Strip Unused post Processing Variants" checkbox selected (see attached images for the affected settings). This is because the _HDR_GRADING variant currently gets stripped when it shouldn't (note, that this currently affects all platforms, not just Android and not just UI)

If the issue you are seeing disappears when you disable the "Strip Unused post Processing Variants" checkbox then we will have a fix for you soon (as a workaround, you can make sure you have a post-processing volume profile asset with a Tonemapping override (even if disabled) as that will prevent the stripping, or you could comment out the code related to m_HdrGrading inside of URP's "ShaderPreprocessor.cs")

However, if your issue is different and it still persists, please make a bug report with a minimal project and your specific reproduction details if you haven't already! (please share the issue tracker link when you have)

Attached Files:

KimmoFactor likes this.