Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.3 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamarugin

iamarugin

Any ETA of 2019.3f7?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sooner or later... :p

3. Ukounu

Ukounu

VSync seems to be completely broken in 2019.3.0f6. Steps to replicate: create a blank new project, click on "play" button, and it runs at 4,000k FPS in Editor, with VSync set to "Every V Blank".

Changing Vsync settings, restarting Unity has no effect, it always ignores VSync and runs at max FPS. Is that a known bug in this release or I should report it?

Attached Files:

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

You need to set VSync off in the game view window, where you choose the resolutions. I've already complained that this setting should be "on" by default instead of "off".

UnityMaru and Ukounu like this.
  5. Ukounu

Ukounu

Thanks for explaining, it works now. If VSync in quality settings now affects only standalone builds and doesn't work in editor, it would make more sense to move it to Project Settings > Player, alongside all other settings intended only for standalone builds. Otherwise it will be a permanent source of confusion for many people, I think.

6. Sh01752446582

Sh01752446582

im getting some issues with audio in playmode i dont know y

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I installed Linux Mint and Unity Hub and Unity and VSCode. VSCode doesn't start...

8. Ukounu

Ukounu

In Unity 2019.3 in Preferences > External Tools > External Script Editor Args "$(File)" should be inserted without quotes to work. However, the same setting in Unity 2017/2018 should be inserted with quotes to work. The problem is that this setting seems to be shared between different installations of Unity (?) so after opening a different version of Unity this setting has to be manually changed every time by adding/removing quotes... Am I doing something wrong?
    Untitled-1.jpg

9. ThisIsDangerous

ThisIsDangerous

WebGL major issue here. We are facing increased load-up times of our game. After being downloaded the pure time after that and before the game actually starts is now around 45 seconds. The very same code and assets built from a Unity downgraded back to 2019.2.17f1 takes only a few seconds to start.

The worst part is that I can't file a bug report because the game is MMO and won't run without our infrastructure.

10. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hiya, are you able to elaborate on this? What are you seeing that's broken? Any errors/screenshots that you can post?

Also, to the other posters here, if you are seeing things that are potential bugs, I cannot stress more to report these things to our QA team: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Checking the current documentation of each component on docs.unity3d.com would be useful too - feel free to use the 'Report a problem on this page' link at the bottom of the relevant documentation if things aren't right.

11. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I've made sure to circulate this internally.

Deleted User likes this.
  12. iamarugin

iamarugin

@UnityMaru hey, do you have any eta on 2019.3f7? I really need this info for internal planning. I can not use f6 because of some known issues.

13. sebas77

sebas77

how are you sure that 2019.3f7 fixes those issues?

14. iamarugin

iamarugin

Because I opened this issue and monitor the progress of its fix on the issue tracker

15. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

We don't usually announce concrete launch dates - the last thing we'd want to do is put a date out in public, find a last minute shipstopper and then have a lot of understandably frustrated users.

16. iamarugin

iamarugin

I am interested at least in time frames. Within days, one week, two weeks, etc. As a developer I am understanding, when something went wrong and a release was postponed. But without any estimates it is very hard to plan anything. And you need to do it if you want to stay in the gamedev business.
    What is better, some frustrated users or no users, because they run out of money, waiting for fixes of critical issues for a stable version of Unity?

17. sebas77

sebas77

Does the bug tracker show the fix on the version before it's released?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

I wouldn't like to spoil your day but your issue won't be fixed in the next 2019.3, maybe in 2020.1.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you! :)

20. twogearsoft

twogearsoft

Is 2019.3 exist bug?
    Can I use it?

21. christianmahler

christianmahler

The real question is, will there be another announcement when 2019.3 is "actually" ready to be used?

22. MaxUnity111

MaxUnity111

Привет, обновлен до Unity 2019.3, получена ошибка для каждой сцены:
    компонент GUI Layer в основной камере для активов сцены / сцен / FirstMenu.unity больше не доступен.
    Он будет удален после того, как вы отредактируете этот GameObject и сохраните сцену.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility :processEvent (Int32, IntPtr),

но я не использовал его вообще в этом проекте

Прикрепленные файлы:

23. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

You can see a list of all recorded bugs for 2019.3 at https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/pr...175&status=&unity_version=2019.3&view=hottest.

It may be worthwhile translating this, as this forum is predominantly only used by English speakers.

24. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Holy mother of god, about 790 active issues at the time of writing.

JamesArndt, stonstad, Awarisu and 3 others like this.
  25. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I need vsync in the editor on mac , how?
    And I don't want it turned of by design.
    Let me choose please

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

There is no reason for this setting not to be at that same place in the Mac version: game view, resolutions choce. And you can choose since it's only a box to tick; you'd just have to untick it.

27. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

So that setting will affect the editor?

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Only the editor. To set an fps target in game, you'll have to do it in the project settings or via script.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  29. watercat

watercat

i want to upload unity feedback and ther is no options to send new feedback in the feedback website eny idea where to send my feedback ?

30. Mauri

Mauri

Unity Feedback - as a website - doesn't exist anymore: https://forum.unity.com/threads/the-future-of-unity-feedback.633241/

When creating a new thread in the respective sub-forum, make sure to attach the blue feedback-label.png prefix to it by clicking on "(No prefix)", next to the "Thread Title..." field.

UnityMaru likes this.
  31. EmpirisoftNathan

EmpirisoftNathan

Have had some issues since 2019.3.xx with the API updater, it repeatedly failed with the standard error message but nothing else in the Console in the way of errors.

edit: still busted

Am keen to get this build into stable locally as I reallllllly want the terrain holes :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  32. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  33. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

The release notes claim the cloth bugs are fixed, but it appears to still be just as broken as it has been since 2019.2.

34. michaelheffner777

michaelheffner777

New to unity, when I install a new update. can I delete my previous updates to clear space? without effecting any of my files?

Attached Files:

35. Mauri

Mauri

Yes, these are seperate Editor builds. An update/patch system, where files are getting replaced or newly added to the current installed software, doesn't exist in the Unity world.

UnityMaru likes this.
  36. mariosvel7777

mariosvel7777

the new update 2019.3.1f1 has a bug can someone help me.It's says an uknown bug

37. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Unable to install 2019.3.1f1 from unity hub 2.2.2 - installation aborts without any message shown. How to install it?

38. Miguel_TagaiArts

Miguel_TagaiArts

I reported this same issue, and this is what a Unity QA representative told me:

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. It seems like you've encountered a connection error. Unfortunately, there could be a lot of factors influencing this issue. I have compiled a list below of known solutions to your issue:

- Whitelisting Unity and Unity Hub in your system's Anti-Virus settings
    - Allowing Unity and Unity Hub through the network proxy settings
    - Whitelisting Unity and Unity Hub in your firewall's settings
    - Disabling any VPN or other IP-altering services when you're using Unity

This might also happen because you're trying to install the Editor into your Hub folder. It is recommended that you never store any other files in your Hub folder because it gets deleted every time Hub updates, which might lead to a lot of issues.

39. unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

This is realy disapointing, 2019.3 is so slow and broken. Is it possible to safely downgrade from 2019.3 to 2019.2 ?

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why donwgrading when you can just go back to the version of yuur project you saved before upgrading it to 2019.3?

41. sergiusz308

sergiusz308

Thanks for sharing this!

None of these sound ideas worked though. Had to download it manually and install it this way.

Got some idea however - when I was downloading it manually it was interrupted several times so I had to resume it.

I suspect that hub installer can't handle download interruption so it silently fails not telling anyone - because it's kind of a software quality rule, to not overwhelm you with the problems...

Miguel_TagaiArts likes this.
  42. christianmahler

christianmahler

In his defense, every other software on this planet is actually useable when it comes out of beta. When main success scenarios are broken you just don't release, that's common sense. But with Unity, everything seems to be possible.

IOU_RAY likes this.
  43. Deleted User

Deleted User

No, this kind of thing never happen and even so, backing up projects is something that you should do; it shouldn't even be a question, doing it should be as natural as breathing.

44. unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

unity_2jxHNVY36zr2mg

I use git, but a lot of changes were made using 2019.3f, and i don't to want to redo.

I ran into some serious bugs in 2019.3: in the scene view, the mesh renderer do not render after exiting game mode, and i have to restart Unity again and again.
    Also now i have to wait for debugger attach for like 20 - 30 seconds and for no reason.

I'm not talking about various minor bugs here, but 2019.3f appears to be not usable for me.

45. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce this issue, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

UnityMaru likes this.
  46. mistergreen2016

mistergreen2016

Unity 2019.3.0 can't import FBX with multiple animations in it. It gives this error below. I'll try 2019.3.1 if the error persists.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterClipEditor.FindNextAvailableName (System.String baseName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterClipEditor.cs:848)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterClipEditor.MakeUniqueClipName (System.String name) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterClipEditor.cs:872)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterClipEditor.AddClip (UnityEditor.TakeInfo takeInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterClipEditor.cs:894)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterClipEditor.SetupDefaultClips () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterClipEditor.cs:299)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterClipEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterClipEditor.cs:238)
    UnityEditor.AssetImporterTabbedEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterTabbedEditor.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterEditor.OnEnable () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterEditor.cs:33)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterMaterialEditor.UpdateShowAllMaterialNameOptions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterMaterialEditor.cs:124)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterMaterialEditor.DoMaterialsGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterMaterialEditor.cs:423)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterMaterialEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterMaterialEditor.cs:224)
    UnityEditor.AssetImporterTabbedEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterTabbedEditor.cs:81)
    UnityEditor.ModelImporterEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/ModelImporterEditor.cs:23)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:521)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

47. TicTacTommy

TicTacTommy

Unity 2019.3.1f1 : Has anyone else had any issue importing video .mp4; It happens on a brand new project - every single time. I've sent a bug report........anyone else?

48. Deozaan

Deozaan

49. mistergreen2016

mistergreen2016

Oh cool, 2019.3.2 should fix my FBX issue.

Deozaan likes this.
  50. Deozaan

Deozaan

That's doesn't seem so bad when you consider that 2017.4 LTS, which is nearing End-of-Life and should therefore be very stable by now, has nearly 400 active issues right now.

And 2018.4 LTS is at around 420 active issues. :confused:

Immu and Peter77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.