Search Unity

UNity 2019.3.9 HDRP Version Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Hawk0077, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I have Unity 2019.3.9 installed but it uses HDRP 7.3 automatically but my project requires HDRP 7.1.8 ...

How can I install HDRP 7.1.8.

It isn't visible in the Package Manager.

Thanks.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

From your other thread your project had 7.1.8 just a few hours ago. So you'd just restore 7.1.8 from version control or go to your last project backup.

If you're for some reason not backing up your work (should be obvious why it is reckless not to), see if the version is available when you click "see all versions" in the package manager. If not, you may have to figure out how to get your stuff to work with 7.3.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-ui-update.html

Hawk0077 likes this.
  3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

I am backing up but my last one was a few steps back so am trying to avoid it to be honest.

The 7.1.8 isnt available from the package manager even with "see all versions" . In fact there is no see all versions. The dropdown doesnt exist at all in 2019.3.9f1 or 10f1.

Version 7.3 is pretty much impossible at this stage as the assets I am using all use 7.1.8 and no 7.3 is available as yet.

Does 2019.3.91f only support HDRP 7.3?

when you say version control are you simply meaning from the drop down list in the package manager? (which as I stated isnt visible at all. JUst 7.3)

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Version control (or source control) refers to systems such as Git, SVN, or similar. You check in changes you make to the project, and can any time revert any file in your project to any previous version you checked in. They are basically the standard practice in the software industry, and virtually required for team projects to work together. Though a solo dev can get by with backups to an extent.

If you do have a backup with 7.1.8, you can give it a try just taking that out of the backup (of course backup what you currently have before doing so).

2019.3.9 released over a month after HDRP 7.3, so I'd fully expect they never intended on you using anything older. But I actually don't know what it supports.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the assist. Much appreciated. I will check again in the morning.