Search Unity

Bug Unity 2019.3.1f1 Freeze 9/10 times consistently without fail whenever exiting playmode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Harribel, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Harribel

Harribel

As the title suggest, I am currently on 2019.3.1f1 in my project using URP and Photon as the multiplayer framework. This problem did not occur in the beginning but somewhere along the way something happened that makes the Editor freeze almost every single time whenever I exit play-mode. However this does not always occur and depends on what scene I am currently in.

I also can't upgrade my project to either 2019.3.15f1 OR 2019.4.0f1 / 2019.4.1f1 LTS because unity crashes without any bug-report or error-logs every single time on "Resolving Packages"

*EDIT* I did solve the issue of unity freezing on exiting play-mode that had to do with Unity calling a function in my Object Pool called
    ObjectPool.Destroy(GameObject gameObject)

which was called instead of
    GameObject.Destroy(GameObject gameObject)

on play-mode exit. I am not sure if this is unity-intended behavior or if it is a bug.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Well, you're basically going to have a hard time getting much help on this if you're using a barely-out-of-beta version of Unity. I'm not sure that QA would even look much at your issue, if you were able to submit a bug report, because you're not on a version they're going to give much support to. I think it would be much better to focus on why you can't run the most recent version (2019.4.1f) rather than a buggy older TECH release. I'd start by uninstalling everything Unity related, reinstalling 2019.4.1f, and deleting your project's "Library" folder before opening it in 2019.4.1f. I'd also see if this occurs on a brand new project, or if it's only happening on one specific project.

3. Harribel

Harribel

Yeah basically I want to get on the 2019.4 LTS version but I can't upgrade the project from 2019.3.1f1 to any 2019.4 LTS version because unity just crashes when it is "Resolving Packages". I will try to delete the library folder and try to upgrade the project again.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

Make sure to delete the Library folder before you open the project, in case that's not obvious.

5. zdolezal

zdolezal

6. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

I'm having this same problem. Unity 2019.4.12f1 LTS.

Well, that's not a good solution for a +50gb project.

7. dgoyette

dgoyette

Well, it might not be a "good" solution in your case, but it seems like it's the only solution, assuming you're still seeing this occurring after upgrading to the version of Unity that fixed the issue. I personally wouldn't expect any better solution to come along for this. Maybe delete Library when you're going to be away from the computer for a few hours.

8. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

I deleted my library yesterday around 18:00 on my local time and it's already freezing today (10:54)... So the only solution is not working for me as well... :(