Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.3.0f6 - iOS Launch Crash "UnityFramework.framework" not found

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Spectra_7, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Spectra_7

Spectra_7

I get no errors when building the project from xCode.

But the game crashes at launch leaving this much message:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 2020-02-28 18:49:21.622768+0530 shredder[1257:304303] Error loading /var/containers/Bundle/Application/728E4B97-C4EF-45CE-AF95-FB3C751D5EAC/shredder.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework:  dlopen(/var/containers/Bundle/Application/728E4B97-C4EF-45CE-AF95-FB3C751D5EAC/shredder.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework, 265): Library not loaded: @rpath/libswiftCore.dylib
    3.   Referenced from: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/728E4B97-C4EF-45CE-AF95-FB3C751D5EAC/shredder.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework
    5.   Reason: image not found
    "UnityFramework.framework" is added in the "Embed Frameworks" list of xCode. I never had such issues in previous version. All this started to happen after I upgraded to Unity 2019.3.0f6 version.

2. HWDKoblenz

HWDKoblenz

Hi, are you using a personal Apple developer Account and your iOS 13.3.1?

3. Spectra_7

Spectra_7

Yes, I am using Developer Account, but iOS is 12.1

4. HWDKoblenz

HWDKoblenz

Ah okay this is weird. I only know this problem using iOS 13.3.1. There is a problem to run an app with a personal developer account, because there is an problem with using the dynamic unity framework. I sometimes also get some strange errors in Xcode. All I do is closing Unity and Xcode, delete the build folder, start unity again and start a new build. It helps in most cases :-D.

leni8ec and torsigurdson like this.
  5. Spectra_7

Spectra_7

So... any solution found?

6. FranFndz

FranFndz

wanna know too

7. michaelhill

michaelhill

I am also struggling with this problem. I'm on iOS 13.3.1, Unity 2019.3.5.f1, macOS 10.15.3, and Xcode 11.3.1 using a paid developer accounts for both Apple and Unity.

mirovalent likes this.
  8. FranFndz

FranFndz

i gave up

9. liamhaliday

liamhaliday

marius_87 likes this.
  10. qmpaden

qmpaden

IOS build not working with almost all Unity versions now due to Apple's new launch screen restriction and sudden depreciation of all previous app Splash screens is really really really bad for mobile developers, like insanely incredibly bad.

I really hope for a fast fix from Unity, as of today due to this new set of Apple launchscreen requirements you can't build on IOS anymore quickly like before in Unity without digging deep into XCODE after every single build to manually create, specifically link, and compile bundle assets and a launchscreen.storyboard asset.

For Mobile developers like me who are new to XCODE, but not new to Unity, this is a terrifying and scary time.

This error happens to me as well. I cannot build in 2019.4 LTS below due to Launchscreen.storyboard errors and with all 2020 versions my builds fail due to unity framwork error with the new metal implementation on older 2018 mac machines.

Due to Apple splashscreen depriciation unity ios builds 2019.4 and other versions now do not work. Right now all Unity Developers cannot submit updates in IOS due to Apple's strict new Launchscreen.storyboard requirements for all apps destroying Unitys previous ios build system.

At the moment unity does not build ios apps with launch screens by default even when going into Player Settings and adding the custom storyboard into your assets with storyboard images in streamingassets folder with post build scripts, instead the build crashes on launch with SplashScreen.mm giving errors and builds structure keeps defaulting to linking depreciated SpashScreen.mm unity ios launch logo implementation and not new xcode custom Launchscreen.storyboard in 2019.4 LTS and below.

11. martingonzalezetermax

martingonzalezetermax

2019.4.2 still happening.

But if I build a new project iOS works. :/

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  12. martingonzalezetermax

martingonzalezetermax

13. martingonzalezetermax

martingonzalezetermax

* I've tried exporting an Adhoc version of the app and it crashes.
    * I revoked certificates and try creating them again and it crashes.
    * I've exported the .ipa and see it content and UnityFramework seems to be there.

Any Unity staff that can guide us?

upload_2020-7-5_21-45-39.png

14. BitbotUG

BitbotUG

HI, I had the same issue with 2019.3.2 and after creating a new project and importing all my stuff in 2019.4.2f it stays the same. My error message is slightly different: "Error loading ... /io.app/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework ...". I am using Xcode 11.4.

Do you have any extensions installed ? Maybe there is an issue. I am using Appodeal, Remote Config, Lightweight RP and some 2D stuff.

***Android build is successfull (f*** ios)

GiosifusDev likes this.
  15. BitbotUG

BitbotUG

The great Appodeal support helped me with this solution:

I had to embed the required frameworks (under Pods -> Products) in my target (Target -> BuildPhases -> Embed Frameworks).

Attached Files:

16. Lejv

Lejv

Hi, I still have this issue - has someone found a fix please?

17. s1m0n1stv4n

s1m0n1stv4n

18. rudranshjio123

rudranshjio123

error.PNG
    please help me with this

unity_HmmVk7bClEAtyA likes this.
  19. Lejv

Lejv

20. MaximPP

MaximPP

Hi! I have the same issue. Adding the "EMBEDDED_CONTENT_CONTAINS_SWIFT" flag to xCode does help, but how do I add it via Unity? This problem started after updating the FB sdk.

21. MaximPP

MaximPP

22. triplume

triplume

This answer worked for me.

Thank you.

23. BigRedGames

BigRedGames

None of the solutions above worked for me, but I found on the same forum mentioned before this solution https://stackoverflow.com/a/69852407/9061358

My problem started after updating the Mac OS to Monterey, but I'm not sure that it was the cause of the issue.

masterton likes this.
  24. masterton

masterton

I spent forever looking at the problem, thinking it was UnityFramework that was missing or not loading or something but if you look at OP's output (and my error output was almost exactly the same), in true, confusing as all heck, iOS style it is that UnityFramework is trying to load a dynamic library called libswiftCore.dylib and its the libswiftCore.dylib thats not found.

But I already set embed frameworks to YES, surely that would fix it? Nope, same error (to be clear these are runtime errors, not compile or linker or validation errors).

As in @BigRedGames link above, you need to add /usr/lib/swift to the Runtime Search Path in xcode, and it has to be the first entry.

Why wouldn't it automatically be added when you embed the frameworks? What's the point of embedding the frameworks at all? Only Cupertino knows.

25. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

For me, the problem was solved only after I set the "Provisioning Profile" also in the Signing of the UnityFramework target.

I was setting the "Provisioning profile" only in the "Unity-Project" target. The build was finishing but when opening the App, it instantly was crashing with the "Library not loaded" error.

26. rbitard

rbitard

How did you do that ? I'm not familiar with ios sorry

27. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

You need to set the `Prov Profile` both in the `Unity-iPhone` and `UnityFramework` targets:
    upload_2023-3-30_22-19-48.png

28. rbitard

rbitard

Damn, thanks for the answer, I do my builds with unity cloud build, would it be possible to do that here ? I believe that's on unity team's hands

29. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

I'm not sure how it works there. The last time I used Unity Cloud build was in 2018 :(
    But you can try to create Post Process Build logic to change whatever you want in the Xcode project:
    - https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Callbacks.PostProcessBuildAttribute.html

rbitard likes this.
  30. d_sharov

d_sharov

Unfortunately, this option did not work for us.
    Build via Cloud
    Used 2 options.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [PostProcessBuild(999)]
    2.         public static void OnPostProcessBuild(BuildTarget target, string path)
    3.         {
    4.             if (target != BuildTarget.iOS)
    5.                 return;
    7.             try
    8.             {
    9.                 Debug.Log($"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} Start Post Process Build");
    10.                 var projPath = PBXProject.GetPBXProjectPath(path);
    11.                 Debug.Log($"{nameof(projPath)}: {projPath}");
    13.                 var project = new PBXProject();
    14.                 project.ReadFromFile(projPath);
    16.                 Debug.Log($"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} Project successfully initialized");
    19.                 project.EnableContentContainsSwift();
    20.                 project.SetProvisioningProfile();
    21.                 project.WriteToFile(projPath);
    23.                 Debug.Log($"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} End success Post Process Build");
    24.             }
    25.             catch (Exception e)
    26.             {
    27.                 Debug.LogError(
    28.                     $"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} End failed Post Process Build. Message: {e.Message}");
    29.                 Debug.LogException(e);
    30.                 throw;
    31.             }
    32.         }
    34.     private static void SetProvisioningProfile(this PBXProject project)
    35.         {
    36.             var unityFrameworkTarget = project.GetUnityFrameworkTargetGuid();
    37.             var provisioningProfileId = ""; // your id
    38.             project.SetBuildProperty(unityFrameworkTarget, "PROVISIONING_PROFILE_SPECIFIER", provisioningProfileId);
    39.             project.SetBuildProperty(unityFrameworkTarget, "CODE_SIGN_STYLE", "Manual");
    40.             project.SetBuildProperty(unityFrameworkTarget, "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY", "iPhone Distribution");
    42.             Debug.Log($"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} {nameof(SetProvisioningProfile)} end");
    43.         }
    45. private static void EnableContentContainsSwift(this PBXProject project)
    46.         {
    47.             var target = project.GetUnityFrameworkTargetGuid();
    48.             project.SetBuildProperty(target, "EMBEDDED_CONTENT_CONTAINS_SWIFT", "YES");
    49.             Debug.Log($"{nameof(ModifyFrameworksPostProcess)} {nameof(EnableContentContainsSwift)} end");
    50.         }

31. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

Does that code work for you when building the Xcode project locally?
    That is the better approach in my opinion, trying it first locally until you have the same result you expect to go your Build Services.

32. pichikala

pichikala

I spent two days figuring out how to make Unity LevelPlay work with IronSource, and here's what worked for me. I had to combine three methods that I found on the forum.

1. Disable BitCode by using the following code in Scripts/Editor/BitCodeHelperRevised.cs (huge thanks to @firesightstudios):
      Code (CSharp):
      1. #if UNITY_IOS
      3. using UnityEditor;
      4. using UnityEditor.Callbacks;
      5. using UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode;
      7. public static class BitCodeHelperRevised
      8. {
      9.     [PostProcessBuild(1000)]
      10.     public static void PostProcessBuildAttribute(BuildTarget target, string pathToBuildProject)
      11.     {
      12.         if (target != BuildTarget.iOS) return;
      14.         var projectPath = PBXProject.GetPBXProjectPath(pathToBuildProject);
      16.         var pbxProject = new PBXProject();
      17.         pbxProject.ReadFromFile(projectPath);
      19.         var targetGuids = new[] { pbxProject.GetUnityMainTargetGuid(), pbxProject.GetUnityFrameworkTargetGuid() };
      20.         pbxProject.SetBuildProperty(targetGuids, "ENABLE_BITCODE", "NO");
      21.         pbxProject.WriteToFile(projectPath);
      22.     }
      23. }
      24. #endif
    2. After building in Unity, open Unity-iPhone.xcworkspace (I used to open Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj and didn't know why it wasn't working anymore, so it's important to note that you now need to run the workspace).
    3. Ensure that nothing is using BitCode. Click on 'Unity-iPhone' in the left menu, then check every target and the Project. You can check this by clicking "Build Settings" in the menu and searching for "enable bitcode." If you see something using bitcode (true), change it to false.
    4. After checking every target, click on 'Pods' in the left menu and do the same (check if all bitcodes are set to false).
    5. Select 'Unity-iPhone' in the left menu, click on 'UnityFramework' under targets, then click on Build Settings and search for "library search path." Add the following:
      Code (CSharp):
      1. $(SDKROOT)/usr/lib/swift
      Code (CSharp):
      1. $(TOOLCHAIN_DIR)/usr/lib/swift/$(PLATFORM_NAME)
      Huge thanks to @ImYuta for this tip.
    6. Search for "Runpath Search Path" in the same place (UnityFramework -> Build Settings) and add this line:
      Code (CSharp):
      1. /usr/lib/swift
      Then drag it to the top of the list. Thanks to @masterton for this advice.

That's it! I hope this helps!

Worked for me on:
    Unity 2021.3.24f
    XCode 14.1

qball13z likes this.
  33. yashubhati

yashubhati

Error loading /var/containers/Bundle/Application/42297171-D975-452C-83FB-9675EFA79944/Football World.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework (141): dlopen(/var/containers/Bundle/Application/42297171-D975-452C-83FB-9675EFA79944/Football World.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework, 0x0109): Library not loaded: @rpath/FBAEMKit.framework/FBAEMKit

can any one help me with this ? I am getting this error after the app launches on iPhone.

34. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

Check if that is also your case: