Search Unity

Unity 2019.3.0f6 HDRP broken detail shader

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Danua, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Danua

Danua

upload_2020-1-30_14-22-11.png
    Unity 2019.3.0f6 HDRP broken detail shader
    how to fix this?

2. Danua

Danua

UP!!!
    how to fix this it's annoying!!

3. Danua

Danua

Still no reply///

4. N1warhead

N1warhead

Unfortunately - Terrain grass system isn't currently supported in HDRP (yeah I know this is pretty dumb considering HDRP is now out of beta). I really hope they get this fixed soon, it has me paused on one of my projects currently as well, but it's always been like this ever since HDRP came to exist - the grass system just simply doesn't work.

If you look online you can find some shader graph shaders that 'should' make it work, but I've never gotten them to work so I gave up on it completely.

I really hope the new Terrain team will get this feature in soon, I mean yeah you can use 'tree' grass, but considering the tree system doesn't support Speedtree wind, that and if you got GPUInstancer for example - you can't instance with (the better DrawMeshInstancedIndirect) way, so you are left to either - trees and grass that are static and don't move, or making a shader that can give 'wind', etc but can't properly instance it the best way.

Personally I can deal with the static trees, but the grass system is pretty important - despite the issues it has. I mean who really makes a terrain and doesn't have 'grass' on it? Well of course aside from like underwater scenes and other planets and such, but the vast majority of people actually put trees and grass, etc.

sateyr likes this.
  5. RadonRaph

RadonRaph

Hello can you post some links for fix or shader that work because i can't find any ?
    Thank you

6. N1warhead

N1warhead

https://github.com/flamacore/UnityHDRPTerrainDetailGrass

If you can find a way to make it work please let me know, I could only get so far as to make the grass quads appear as white quads, but the textures would never go through for me.