Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.3.0b4 Trial Version?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by danielgsantana, Sep 27, 2019.

1. danielgsantana

danielgsantana

Like the title says, what's up with the beta, it now reports it's a trial license. I have a Plus License so there shouldn't be any issues with that.

Cheers,
    Daniel

2. spacefrog

spacefrog

Hey Daniel, i guess we know each other from the 3ds Max community ? :)
    Want to chime in here as i got the same issue ( though i own a pro license )

Was this different for you with the earlier betas ? It's the first time i installed the 2019.3 beta, so i cant tell wether the missing license (especially a blank/missing serial in the about box ) was the case with earlier betas too ...

Already created my own thread about this , but sadly no one else responded so far
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/201...e-shows-blank-serial-in-the-about-box.750467/

3. jjejj87

jjejj87

Same here. Strange...

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Same here, never paid it any heed though :D

5. Mauri

Mauri

It also said "Trial Version" in the b3-Editor when Andy Touch and Jennifer Nordwall showcased the 2D Tools (starts at 1:16:40):

Perhaps a bug?

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

7. Matin-

Matin-

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We are investigating this issue and will update this thread.

Thank you

8. Matin-

Matin-

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    We have identified this issue. @danielgsantana you should be having access to your Plus license. The bug is in the content displayed within the Title Bar and does not affect your license or your access to functionalities. There will be a fix on the way within the next releases.

Thank you

Amir_AZNK likes this.
  9. danielgsantana

danielgsantana

I figured that :). It just seemed strange thats all ;).

10. danielgsantana

danielgsantana

Hi SpaceFrog :), nice to see you here. I think all betas/alphas of 2019.3 were like this, but since we were lock to 2019.2 for a project we didn't noticed.

PS: Are you still using 3ds Max? We moved almost to Blender/Houdini combo.

Cheers,
    Daniel

11. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This is still an issue in b7..

12. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Also still an issue on b8.. Would be nice to get some background info on this for the current state. This issue started on a11 already and has happened ever since for these 10 last 2019.3 versions.

I first asked Unity Support for this on this years August and response I got in early September was that this was fixed on 2020.1 and the fix was going to be backported later that week. Considering that this is still broken on both 2020.1 and 2019.3, I'm guessing the bugfix that got done was only for getting the license serial number to show?