Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.3.0B12 starts spamming errors in existing project after upgrade.

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Olmi, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Olmi

Olmi

Hi,
    I just upgraded to b12, and I start to get a lot of errors in debug log. I can't supress those errors and they keep coming at quite fast pace. Super annoying. I know I should probably upgrade to latest package versions, but as the errors keep piling up and I open package manager, it doesn't seem to be loading anything. Just stays empty for minutes. And using a fresh project is really not an option as I would like to upgrade this one.
    Is it possible to upgrade packages outside of Unity or use some other trick to get past this issue?

Here's one error sample:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.VFX.VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.GetSettings (System.Boolean listHidden, UnityEditor.VFX.VFXSettingAttribute+VisibleFlags flags) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualeffectgraph@7.1.2/Editor/Models/Contexts/Implementations/VFXAbstractRenderedOutput.cs:159)

2. Olmi

Olmi

Ok. Looks like I got this working somehow by Reset packages to default in help menu, and then installed HDRP again... Not really good and I probably messed up a thing or two in the project. Sigh.

DifficultShadow likes this.
  3. DifficultShadow

DifficultShadow

Thanks so much man you are a life saver

Olmi likes this.
  4. IOU_RAY

IOU_RAY

Not sure if related, but my visual studio solution started getting a million fake errors after this update. The errors were things like missing classes (reference missing) - but the errors were false positives and I had no issue still running the app.