Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.3.0a10 Win32Exception when building to iOS

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Revolter, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Revolter

Revolter

Anyone else having this issue?

Even when making a new LWRP project, I always get this error when building to iOS. (I'm on Windows 10 btw)

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='defaults', CommandLine='read com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist IDECustomDerivedDataLocation', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= The system cannot find the file specified.

upload_2019-7-29_21-5-54.png

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

You can build for ios on Mac only.

3. Revolter

Revolter

What do you mean? You could always build an xcode project from Windows as well

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

5. Revolter

Revolter

"Note: Step one above can be performed on a PC or a Mac." - this is where my build fails
    This is not the issue, I have been building successfully on Unity 2019.3.0a8 before.

Peter77 likes this.
  6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you report a bug on this? You can definitely build to iOS from Windows in the editor.

7. Revolter

Revolter

I did, but I was wondering if it's just me or others are having a similar issue, because this doesn't happen with previous Unity versions.
    https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1172316_vo6j0u9mt7r94spv

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

No, it's not just you. QA likely tried on macOS to build. We'll fix this :).

9. jemanuelvl3

jemanuelvl3

I Have the same proble, any solution for this?

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='defaults', CommandLine='read com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist IDECustomDerivedDataLocation', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= The system cannot find the file specified.
    System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <0079a30f96a047348857e1cecc6c638a>:0)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <0079a30f96a047348857e1cecc6c638a>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.IsDerivedDataInsideXcodeProject (System.String projectPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:1418)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.UpdateInstallLocation (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+ProjectPaths paths, UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs, UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+IncludedFileList includedFiles, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:1349)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs, UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+ProjectPaths paths, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:730)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessorSettings postProcessorSettings, UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:579)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:45)
    Rethrow as BuildFailedException: Exception of type 'UnityEditor.Build.BuildFailedException' was thrown.
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:49)
    UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <5e3c867fd4cc418f8c0584e878722a23>:0)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <5e3c867fd4cc418f8c0584e878722a23>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

10. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I'm wondering, since you can't build the generated Xcode project on Windows to build an actual IPA or "ios executable", what are you doing with that build you create on Windows?

11. Baste

Baste

In our case, ship it to the company that we paid to handle Xcode and macs in general for us. Not having to actually touch a mac made shipping for mac a lot better.

Lurking-Ninja and Peter77 like this.
  12. Oh man. Consider yourself lucky. I seriously almost threw my corp. laptop under the bus (literally) a couple of times. Unfortunately I would have to pay for it.

(Sorry for the derailing)

13. storm1236

storm1236

I have it too

14. Revolter

Revolter

Unity 2019.1.3.0a11 is now out and it fixed it

LeonhardP and charlesb_rm like this.