Search Unity

Unity 2019.20 Burst compiler error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by RandomCharacters, Feb 8, 2020.

1. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

Which version of Burst are you using? (You can look in Package Manager to see that information.)

Have you tried disabling Burst following the instructions here? https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.burst@1.3/manual/index.html#burst-aot-settings

If that still doesn't work, then if you're able to install the latest preview version of Burst - 1.3.0-preview.1, at the time of writing - you'll find that Burst no longer requires gcc/clang toolchains.

3. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

As of today, it's still necessary to restart the Unity editor after installing a new version of the Burst package, otherwise the old version of the Burst package will continue to be used. Maybe that's what happened here? (We hope to remove that limitation in a future version.)

4. Potties

Potties

I have exactly the same problem with two of my projects that gives the same error. Other projects builds fine. Both the broken projects have the animation rigging tools also imported, so that might be the issue.

5. Potties

Potties

Removing Animation rigging package had no effect, neither did updating to Burst 1.3.0 preview. Although by disabling burst like suggested I could build the project. I am using Unity 2019.2.19.