Search Unity

Unity 2019.20 Burst compiler error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MarcusMan, Feb 8, 2020.

1. MarcusMan

MarcusMan

I have not had issue with the burst compiler before. I am using unity 2019.20 (as 2019.3.1 crashes on me constantly). So I found an old backup and am using that. I can built out to wind32 and android. However, now when I export out to Linux, it gives the error below. I don't really need the burst compiler and don't even know what it is. I tried turning it off. I also tried switching to android and back just in case. Still errors on the final build. Ideas?

Burst requires gcc/clang toolchains to be correctly installed in order to build a standalone player for Linux with X64_SSE4
    Unable to find /usr/bin/clang or /usr/bin/gcc, is the gcc/clang toolchain installed?
    stderr:

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95

2. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

Which version of Burst are you using? (You can look in Package Manager to see that information.)

Have you tried disabling Burst following the instructions here? https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.burst@1.3/manual/index.html#burst-aot-settings

If that still doesn't work, then if you're able to install the latest preview version of Burst - 1.3.0-preview.1, at the time of writing - you'll find that Burst no longer requires gcc/clang toolchains.

3. MarcusMan

MarcusMan

I uninstalled the burst compiler. the issue still came up. I then reinstalled it and it went away. Maybe it reset something. I am using the latest version.

4. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

As of today, it's still necessary to restart the Unity editor after installing a new version of the Burst package, otherwise the old version of the Burst package will continue to be used. Maybe that's what happened here? (We hope to remove that limitation in a future version.)

unityunity