Search Unity

Unity 2019.2 Standalone Installer

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Laex410, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Laex410

Laex410

Hello everyone,

is there a download link somewhere for the standalone (non hub) installer of Unity 2019.2? Thanks in advance!
    I was only able to find the one for 2019.1.

- Alex

shadownicka likes this.
  2. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

3. Rakiah_BK

Rakiah_BK

4. shadownicka

shadownicka

The URI provided by the releases-linux.json link *IS NOT* a replacement for the standalone installer. It assumes that you have Unity Hub installed, and it also doesn't have a command line interface (that is, a window pops up telling you to install Unity Hub).

I want to +1 Alex's post and respectfully request a link to the standalone installer for Linux for 2019.2.

5. Mauri

Mauri

6. Laex410

Laex410

You don't need the installer or the hub in order to get Unity to work. You can install it by using wget for the editor .tar and the platform modules. No need to run an installer, just place the files somewhere on your file system.

7. shadownicka

shadownicka

When I pulled the Unity.tar.xz file with wget and attempted to run the unpacked Editor binary, I got a window telling me that I needed to run it with Unity Hub. The tarballs referenced in releases-linux.json definitely require me to have Unity Hub installed in order to use them.

Until Unity Hub's CLI support exits preview and is more complete/usable, I'd still prefer to have the standalone installer, which does have a usable CLI and does not complain about not having Unity Hub.

8. Laex410

Laex410