Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiuMengChao

LiuMengChao

I used the unity Hub to install unity, but sometimes the project would not open. After uninstalling the unity Hub, unity would not open,What am I supposed to do?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You need the Hub to run Unity; it's the Hub that manages your subscriptions, whether you pay to use Unity or not. As for projects not opening, it's not the Hub fault; there's probably something wrong with them. Try deleting the Library folder if it happens, it will be rebuilt by Unity.

3. VidamaSoftware

VidamaSoftware

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

2019.2.17f1 was released on December 20th, almost three weeks ago. When will we get 18f1?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP Is the fact that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 the reason for the release of 2019.2.18f1 to be delayed?

6. visualbruno

visualbruno

I believe they are working hard to deliver the version 2019.3 this month.

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

I don't see coorelatiion, for such reasoning.
    Tons of people still using and will be still using win 7 for long time.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Maybe people will keep using it but Unity Technologies will no longer create editors that are W7 compatible.

9. Mauri

Mauri

That's not true - for now. For instance, both 2019.3.0f5 and 2020.1.0a18 still list "Windows 7 SP1+" as their requirement for both developing and playing Unity games. (You need to scroll to the very bottom of the pages.)

Also see Unity Manual entries for 2019.3 and 2020.1.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Antypodish likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sure! Microsoft support for W7 stopped on January 14, two days ago, so, yes, the current versions are still compatible but the next ones won't be.

I find weird that 2019.2.17f1 has been released a month ago and 18f1 is still not out, so, it might be the reason, or maybe it's something else but how could I know if nobody comes here to tell us? @LeonhardP

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Charles_Beauchemin 2019.2.18f1 was released yesterday and I notice that CentOS is never mentioned in the requirements; is there something special about it? Are CentOS users getting different versions of the editor?

12. Immu

Immu

Was worried Unity wasn't gonna release new 2019.2 to finish fixing known issues after 2019.3.
    But 2019.2.20 just dropped,
    (as they said, With the official release of 2019.3, signals the end of 2019.2 support. There are two more planned releases before the support window officially closes. )

So glad those additional fix releases :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.