Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Unity 2019.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jul 30, 2019.

1. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

This happened to me too. The error appears when you've got Shuriken Particle Systems with Light Module enabled. I sent a bug report a few hours ago.

Example video of bug:

Gametyme likes this.
  2. simple421

simple421

Default renderer: ~2400 fps and 0 GC alloc
    LWRP with forward renderer: ~1800 fps and 376B GC alloc
    LWRP with 2d renderer: ~1000 fps and 1.7KB GC alloc
    I am doing something wrong? Completely empty project

3. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

You mean I should temporary create new keystore file, but at the end I'll be able to use the old one, yes?

4. zukesZen

zukesZen

Hello,

In my recently upgraded project from 2019.1.9 to 2019.2.0f1 the player tab in project settings isn't showing anything. So some kind of GUI issue in the editor.

Here are some of the errors.

--------------

CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to update Android SDK package list.
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.0f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat --list

stderr[

]
    stdout[

ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH.

Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
    location of your Java installation.
    ]
    exit code: 1
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager.UpdatePackagesList () (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager.HighestVersionInstalled (UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager+Component tool) (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidPlatformIconProvider.GetCurrentSetAndroidSDKVersion () (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidPlatformIconProvider.UpdateSDKVersion () (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidPlatformIconProvider.get_targetSDKSupportsAdaptiveIcons () (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PlayerSettingsEditorExtension.IconSectionGUI () (at <8277255796414cc8b8865316c1676de5>:0)
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.IconSectionGUI (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.Modules.ISettingEditorExtension settingsExtension, System.Int32 sectionIndex) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PlayerSettingsEditor/PlayerSettingsEditor.cs:810)
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettingsEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PlayerSettingsEditor/PlayerSettingsEditor.cs:580)
    UnityEditor.AssetSettingsProvider.OnGUI (System.String searchContext) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/Providers/AssetSettingsProvider.cs:94)
    UnityEditor.SettingsWindow.DrawControls () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:322)
    UnityEditor.SettingsWindow.DrawSettingsPanel () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:313)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:281)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

--

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

--

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRChainBuilder.cs:238)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect topRect, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:66)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Renderer/UIRRepaintUpdater.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:637)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:240)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

upload_2019-7-31_20-1-38.png

jacobfrank likes this.
  5. fherbst

fherbst

@zukesZen can also just point you to this thread and hope some of that helps.
    TL;DR: update all packages that have updates in package manager, restart Unity multiple times and hope that the errors are gone after that.

6. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I'm running into a problem. Applying changes to textures 2D import settings works but never stops. The apply button never greys out. It greys out only when you click on "Apply" in the "Unapplied Import settings" dialogue box that pops up when you try to get out of it.

Edit: it seems that this behaviour was just a glitch; it no longer happens today August 5.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    JamesArndt likes this.
  7. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

You can go into Project Settings -> Editor and look for AssetPipeline.

8. Gametyme

Gametyme

No just these.

9. kerbalette

kerbalette

Is Rule Tiles in there?

10. Soaryn

Soaryn

Has anyone tried to utilize the VFX graph yet on a new HDRP project in 2019.2? Been getting black particles due to the volume settings in the base project. As a note, I have gotten this throughout all of the betas and alphas, but assumed it was a known bug as it has been mentioned a few times on the forums :(
    blackParticles.gif

11. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

No, do not count on painting prefabs either.

12. stefan_s_from_h

stefan_s_from_h

You can create LWRP projects? I get this:

upload_2019-8-1_14-48-40.png

13. AlphaDreams

AlphaDreams

So, I just created an empty project using Unity 2019.1.12. I imported one of our animated sprite, with it's shader, and the associated prefab. I put it in an empty scene, so you can try it really quickly by opening the animation window.

You can download it here : https://we.tl/t-8WRrAjzVLQ

To reproduce the bug, you just have to upgrade this project to Unity 2019.2, and update all the packages in order to remove all blocking errors. When it's done, if you try to preview an animation with the Animation Window, you can see that the transform of the bones are correctly animated, but that the sprite itself does not move.

14. stefan_s_from_h

stefan_s_from_h

I haven't tested all templates, but the normal 3D one works fine and the "High Definition RP" gives me the same error.

That's what the file command (Linux shell in Windows 10) tells me about the *.tgz files:
    com.unity.template.2d-3.2.0.tgz: gzip compressed data, from Unix
    com.unity.template.3d-3.1.0.tgz: gzip compressed data, from Unix
    com.unity.template.3dextra-3.2.0.tgz: gzip compressed data, from Unix
    com.unity.template.hd-6.9.0-preview.tgz: gzip compressed data, from TOPS/20
    com.unity.template.lightweight-6.9.0.tgz: gzip compressed data, from TOPS/20

So, the one that works has "from Unix" and the two that don't decompress have a "from TOPS/20".
    (BTW: 7zip has no problem opening them for listing. Some goes for GNU tar + GZip in Linux shell.)

Repacked it again for it to be "from Unix" but this didn't change anything. Still the same decompress error. Removed the directory "com.unity.template.lightweight-6.9.0" from "libcache" (in the same folder as the compressed files) and this doesn't affect anything, too. Still the same error.

15. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Thanks! We will get back as soon as we can

16. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

17. twetzel2k

twetzel2k

I installed 2019.2 and now in my Animation window the sampling rate is gone. I open 2019.1 and it is there. Bug?

18. TheDahaka

TheDahaka

I'm having the same issue. Also, I'm getting several errors like these on the console:

I'm wondering if this is also the case with other people having this issue, since the log seems to be related to 2D animation?

19. justtime

justtime

When i try to open .cs file with Rider Editor Package installed i got these errors
    1)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception thrown while invoking [OnOpenAssetAttribute] method 'Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor:OnOpenAsset (int,int,int)' : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Packages.Rider.Editor.EditorPluginInterop.InitEntryPoint () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/EditorPluginInterop.cs:88)
    3. Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderInitializer.Initialize (System.String editorPath) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/RiderInitializer.cs:39)
    4. Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderScriptEditor..cctor () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/RiderScriptEditor.cs:26)
    5. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderScriptEditor' threw an exception.
    6. Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OnOpenAsset (System.Int32 instanceID, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:62)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    2)

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Packages.Rider.Editor.EditorPluginInterop.InitEntryPoint () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/EditorPluginInterop.cs:88)
    3. Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderInitializer.Initialize (System.String editorPath) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/RiderInitializer.cs:39)
    4. Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderScriptEditor..cctor () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.rider@1.0.8/Rider/Editor/RiderScriptEditor.cs:26)
    5. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Packages.Rider.Editor.RiderScriptEditor' threw an exception.
    6. Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OpenFileAtLineColumn (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:31)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    If i disable this package error not shows, but file not opens.

If i try to click on "external tools" tab in preferences i got this error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    6. Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.<GetFoundScriptEditorPaths>m__0 (Unity.CodeEditor.IExternalCodeEditor codeEditor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:141)
    7. System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () (at <b7efe7e6e548497fac3c4a6049a0a4b6>:0)
    8. Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.GetFoundScriptEditorPaths () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:141)
    9. UnityEditor.PreferencesProvider.ReadPreferences () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PreferencesWindow/PreferencesSettingsProviders.cs:862)
    10. UnityEditor.PreferencesProvider.OnActivate (System.String searchContext, UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement rootElement) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PreferencesWindow/PreferencesSettingsProviders.cs:195)
    11. UnityEditor.SettingsWindow.ProviderChanged (UnityEditor.SettingsProvider lastSelectedProvider, UnityEditor.SettingsProvider newlySelectedProvider) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:237)
    12. UnityEditor.SettingsTreeView.SelectionChanged (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] selectedIds) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsTreeView.cs:66)
    13. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.NotifyListenersThatSelectionChanged () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:442)
    14. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.NewSelectionFromUserInteraction (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] newSelection, System.Int32 itemID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:1201)
    15. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.SelectionClick (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem itemClicked, System.Boolean keepMultiSelection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:1190)
    16. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.HandleUnusedMouseEventsForItem (UnityEngine.Rect rect, UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:348)
    17. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:507)
    18. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:691)
    19. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:594)
    20. UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeView.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewControl/TreeViewControl.cs:414)
    21. UnityEditor.SettingsWindow.DrawTreeView () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Settings/SettingsWindow.cs:349)
    22. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:298)
    23. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:483)
    24. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:466)
    25. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:447)
    26. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatchUtilities.PropagateEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/IEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:64)
    27. UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:59)
    28. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:280)
    29. UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:156)
    30. UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:190)
    31. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:255)
    32. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    33. UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

20. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

@Leo-Yaik There is a problem with custom layouts in 2019.2 (and in 2019.3).

I have a custom layout that I install in each new version of Unity after installation. I install my custom layouts into "~\2019.2.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\Layouts" so that they are in the layout list on the top right of the editor.
    1. one of these custom layouts of mine has the Tile Palette view installed,
    2. up to 2019.1.12f1 included, this layout displayed perfectly after loading; in 2019.2.0f1 (and 2019.3 alpha) they are missing the Tile Palette view.
    I suspect that this is due to the fact that all things 2D related has been stripped from the base engine and stored into packages that are not installed by default.

Installing the related 2D packages and loading the layout afterwards doesn't solve the problem. Could you at least do something about that? The layout should display with the Tile Palette view after the packages have been installed.

Edit: the heck if understand what's happened here; my custom layouts work fine now, the Tile Palette window is here when I load it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  21. TheDahaka

TheDahaka

So, about the 2D Animation skinning issue, I continued looking into it and got it to work (somewhat) with AlphaDreams' sample project.

So after migrating to 2019.2 and updating all packages, I got the same issue including the console errors I posted earlier.

Then I tried resetting packages to defaults. When you do this, notice that, Burst is at version 1.1.2, Collections is at 0.1.0, Entities 0.1.0, Jobs 0.1.0, Mathematics 1.1.0. Now, installing 2D Animation (2.2.0) downgrades Burst to 1.0.2, Collections to 0.0.9, Entities 0.0.12, Jobs 0.0.7, Mathematics 1.0.1. I'm quite new to Unity, so maybe this is intended? It looks suspect though. In any case, the project is still broken, now with some burst-related console logs. So I updated Burst back to 1.1.2 and that got the skinning back to working order, no more error logs! (The bat looks pink because the shader probably depends on some other package).

Now, if I continue updating the remaining packages like Collections and Entities, skinning will go back to being broken, same messages I posted before. I think this is not related to migrating to 2019.2, but just that the Animation 2D package in the new version is not working properly. So, for now, on my own project, I will keep those packages on the old versions and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  22. justtime

justtime

I have another problem, i render vector images from font and it works in 2017 and 2018, but not in this version. It's ingerited from Text. Here is code https://pastebin.com/W9SP5npK.
    OnPopulateMesh() in Text was changed, how to adapt my code to this?
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  23. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

24. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Does 2D Animation have an update in the pipeline which makes it compatible with 2019.2? Today I tried opening our 2019.1 project in the new version and 2D animation died the most horrible death in hundreds of exceptions and corrupted all animated prefabs. After commenting out lots of code in 2D Animation and especially Burst, all related components were still broken (missing references, no bones, no skins). I can provide a repro-project, but it's always work to set this up, so if it's just that the 2D Animation team was late with their release, I'll wait and try again after the next package update.

25. Davide1104

Davide1104

Colliders not working anymore

26. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

After a short delay, 2D Animation 2.2.0-preview.4 for 2019.2 is now available!
    • The sprite swapping workflow has been improved by making Sprite Resolvers more robust for animation by replacing indices with labels.
    • In the Skinning Editor, bone association now picks up the nearest bone when no bones are overlapping the Sprite.
    Important Note:
    Because we redesigned the way we implement Sprite Library, previous assets and components will not work. Please use the new APIs and redo your Sprite Swap setup.

See the full post here in the 2D Preview forums: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-animation-2-2-0-preview-4-for-2019-2-is-out.721469/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    EvOne likes this.
  27. stefan_s_from_h

stefan_s_from_h

No, that's not it.

The real problem: TAR decompression has a problem with long paths. According to the Editor.log the following 7-Zip is used by Unity: 7-Zip (a) [64] 16.04 ZS : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2017-03-20

When you have very long path names you get an "ERROR: Can not open output file" because the system can't find the path. I'm guessing the example assets have longer names than in the other templates. It couldn't find ".../Temp/UnityTempFile-2686953966b6b7649b837ddb82c7c1f8\package\ProjectData~\Assets\ExampleAssets\Textures\Props\Construction_Light\ConstructionLight_MetallicOcculusionSmoothness.tif.meta"

The whole path has 264 characters on my system.

When I start a new project in a folder with shorter paths Unity 2019.2 has no problems decompressing the project template.

I need to rethink my folder organization now.

28. Deozaan

Deozaan

No response to this? The front/first page of the manual links to the upgrade guide as if it has useful information, but the documentation on this subject hasn't been updated since the alpha was first released last October.

Perhaps this thread wouldn't be so full of people reporting errors about upgrading their projects to 2019.2 if there was some information on how to do that cleanly and what pitfalls to watch out for.

To me this reinforces the idea that LTS is "Unity Stable(-ish)" and TECH is "Unity Experimental."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    fherbst likes this.
  29. BroMandarin

BroMandarin

Hello! I'm getting these errors when building an empty project on 2019.2

Shader error in 'Hidden/Internal-DepthNormalsTexture': invalid subscript 'color' at /Program Files/Unity/2019.2.0f1/Editor/Data/CGIncludes/TerrainEngine.cginc(149) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Shader error in 'Hidden/Internal-ODSWorldTexture': invalid subscript 'color' at /Program Files/Unity/2019.2.0f1/Editor/Data/CGIncludes/TerrainEngine.cginc(149) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Annotation 2019-08-04 214921.png

What can be wrong here?

30. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I am seeing this same issue in 2019.2.0f1. I click the override checkbox for any 2D texture (import setting), change any of those override settings and hit the Apply button. I then try to click on any other asset in my project and a message pops up about "Unapplied Import Settings". This occurs on every type of texture map and compression when I try to override it's settings. I've noticed it doesn't occur if I don't check that "override" checkbox.

31. Titangea

Titangea

I can´t find the HDpipeline on the package manager e.e

Attached Files:

32. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I don't have this problem in 2019.2.0f1.

Anyway, it seems that it was just a glitch; it no longer happens. :)

JamesArndt likes this.
  33. moncastro

moncastro

VSCode does not open scripts proper if it has already running before.

First run from unity editor opens VSCode with proper script / line as expected, but next clicks on .cs file as well as on console errors only changes focus to VSCode window.

Reproducible with: 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
    Not reproducible with: 2019.1.10f1, 2019.1.13f1

Here is found a similar issue
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...g-opened-as-a-different-tab-when-using-vscode

mikapote likes this.
  34. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah could have been. It's persisting for me. Unity did get back with me on the bug report: "Hi,
    We successfully reproduced this issue and have sent it for resolution with our developers.
    We highly appreciate your contribution. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.
    Thanks, Gytis - Customer QA Team"

35. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Apparently, we weren't talking about the same thing. :)

36. peeka

peeka

Hi I am running into a performance issue, I have lots of disabled pooled object, and during the game when new timeline starts playing I would get this spike, this only started to happen after switching to 2019.2. let me know if you need more information. sloowwww.PNG

37. MythrilMan51

MythrilMan51

Is it me, or is LWRP 6.9.0+ bugged/broken? Everytime I installed it, it ends up with a lot of errors.
    And package manager is screwy over which packages to download... Even though I greenlit them.
    upload_2019-8-5_11-54-2.png
    Unless I need the HTTPS_PROXY version of the domains as well.
    And when I was JUST trying install shadergraph 6.9.1....
    Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.unity.shadergraph@6.9.1]: Cannot connect to 'undefined' (error code: ECONNRESET). Verify your environment firewall policies allow connection to this host name. If your system is behind a proxy, verify your proxy environment variables (HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY) are properly set. [NotFound] UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

38. SoloChristian

SoloChristian

Major issues with this build and Oculus Quest Also the Current Oculus Integration Asset does not work on Quest with this build.

39. SeanParkinson

SeanParkinson

Unity Technologies

yant likes this.
  40. konsic

konsic

Please fix it for 2019.2.1

41. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

It looks like DSPGraph was announced on the front page with a version where it doesn't work at all (in the editor, seems to actually work in the player).
    Things were working with the last beta (2019.2.0b10)

It would be cool if Unity had some sort of testing going on before a release is announced.
    At least for the features being announced...

And before asking for bug reports please post ANY official code that DOES work.

42. mmln387

mmln387

I tested the example from <https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/NetworkReachability.ReachableViaLocalAreaNetwork.html> in Unity version 2019.2.0f1 and in Unity version 2019.1.13f1. I made two projects, one for every version.
    All works fine in Editor. Then I deployed both applications to Samsung Galaxy S7(model:SM_G930F).
    The calling <Application.internetReachability> is always NotReachable for version 2019.2.0f1, but it works right for version 2019.1.13f1 = <Name=TestNetWork13 Internet : Reachable via Local Area Network.>.

Look debug log below for version 2019.2.0f1.
    08-07 22:01:57.842 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=0 Start : Empty String
    08-07 22:01:57.854 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=0 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Empty String
    08-07 22:01:57.929 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=1 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 22:01:57.930 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=2 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 22:01:57.936 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=3 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 22:01:57.947 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=4 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 22:01:57.962 20886 21219 I Unity : cnt=5 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:47.961 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=9996 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:47.977 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=9997 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:47.988 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=9998 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:48.005 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=9999 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:48.022 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=10000 Name=TestNetWork20 Application.Quit Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:48.024 8652 10134 I Unity : cnt=10000 Name=TestNetWork20 Internet : Not Reachable.
    08-07 23:13:48.024 8652 10134 I Unity :

I made 10000 calls of <Application.internetReachability> in version 2019.2.0f1. Result is always = NotReachable. But in version 2019.1.13f1 result is =
    <Name=TestNetWork13 Internet : Reachable via Local Area Network.>

Is it 2019.2.0f1 issue?

43. mikapote

mikapote

Any update on this issue from the team? This is a bit frustrating as it reduces debugging efficiency by quite a large amount! Thanks in advance guys.

44. Manoadamro

Manoadamro

Still can't remove projects from the list though :(

I know there is now a button for it... but it still doesn't work... Tried to submit bug with bug reporter. Bug reporter is also buggy.

45. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

No, there is not and this is a problem with Unity Hub not Unity 2019.2. :)

46. Manoadamro

Manoadamro

Sorry posted to wrong thread.
    But in the new version of hub, there is a button for it, it just doesn't work.

47. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that Unity Hub 2.1 had been released. I tried the new button, it works for me.

48. Manoadamro

Manoadamro

It works while you have a unity instance running in the background. if you close that and restart the hub, everything you just deleted is back again.

So I guess I worded it wrongly. It works as long as you never, ever close Unity

EvOne likes this.
  49. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Sorry but this is not true for me.
    1. when I started Unity Hub I didn't have any instance of Unity running in the background,
    2. I deleted a project in the list using the new button, it worked,
    3. I quit Unity Hub and restarted it, the project I removed from the list did not come back.

50. Manoadamro

Manoadamro

It must be when you have an instance running and close it then...
    Did you watch the screen recording?