Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity 2019.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Download & Release Notes | Blog Post | Docs

Unity 2019.2 is now available on the download page and in the Unity Hub.

Read the blog post for an overview over the biggest changes or visit our new 2019.2 landing pages for more details:

2019.2 landing page

Remember to back up your projects before opening them in the latest version of Unity. If you encounter any issues, please let us know by submitting a bug report so it can reach our developers.

A big thank you to all the users who helped with testing and giving us feedback on 2019.2 while it was in alpha and beta! Note that we’ve locked the 2019.2 beta forum. Please create your new threads in the appropriate sections of the Forum.

John3D, UltGames, chigolberi and 12 others like this.
  2. konsic

konsic

justinmultimedia likes this.
  3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

konsic likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows

There is some contradictory information regarding VR & HDRP....

On the following page, in the 'HDRP updates for Shader Graph and VR projects' section, it says 'VR projects support every HDRP effect, including volumetrics, screen-space reflection, decals, and deferred rendering.'

https://unity.com/releases/2019-2/graphics

But earlier on that same page, at the very end of the 'High-Definition Render Pipeline updates' section, it says 'Learn more and find a full list of constraints here.'

But here means the following documentation page:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/wiki/VR-in-HDRP

And on that documentation page, it says that the following are NOT supported in 2019.2:
    • Multi-pass rendering
    • Deferred rendering
    • Volumetrics
    • Depth-of-Field
    • Render and viewport scale

yuimop03050305, thatid and Peter77 like this.
  5. elbows

elbows

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

AlanMattano and elbows like this.
  7. konsic

konsic

Rich_A likes this.
  8. elbows

elbows

Cool. To be honest there are so few documented contraints for HDRP VR in 2019.2 that maybe no link is necessary!

LeonhardP likes this.
  9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Every single platform except webGL which has no garbage collection at all

robrab2000-aa likes this.
  10. Attached Files:

11. simons_unity

simons_unity

Unity Technologies

Support for these IDE's moved out the core engine into a package. The IDE's themselves still need to be installed separately. This is part of our goal to modularize Unity.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    joshcamas likes this.
  12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  13. darren-walker

darren-walker

The builtin shader cs files don't compile when I pull them down for this version. The editor code is requiring UnityEditor.BuildTargetDiscovery which is marked as internal to the UnityEditor assembly.

Specific files are StandardShaderGUI.cs and StandardParticleShaderGUI.cs

14. ShervinVR

ShervinVR

I thought this was a 2019.3 feature, but I see that the changelist for this release also mentions this:
    2D: Users can now convert Prefabs to Tile Palettes by dragging a valid Prefab onto the Tile Palette window.

Has anyone been able to make this work? I can't drag in prefabs into the Tile Palette Window.

15. Haze-Games

Haze-Games

Dear Unity dev team
    Congratulations! Looks awesome - I've been working for years on Unity and I love where it's going every release :)

I wanted to try this out an migrate my project. However, I have a main issue right now which prevents me from using the latest version, as I need PLM to be functional :(

Would you have ideas of what can be causing this? Here's my post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/gpu-lightmapper-preview.561103/page-9#post-4802573

Thank you in advance,
    Charles

16. fherbst

fherbst

@LeonhardP It would be great if you could comment a bit on what your takeaways are from the "What if we release it now" poll! After all, 70% of people that replied had at best "mixed feelings" about releasing it in that state.

Here's my list of "first minutes with the new release" issues in the order of finding them:
    1. creating a new project with LWRP takes more than three minutes with asset importer appearing / disappearing for split seconds (Video, started recording after quite a while)
    2. LWRP/Core RP/ShaderGraph version in the release version when creating a new default LWRP project are on a non-verified LWRP version - 6.9.0 - that contains known issues that prevent building on certain platforms
    3. post-processing is on a non-verified version (2.1.6 instead of 2.1.7-verified)
    4. test framework is on a non-verified version (1.0.13 instead of 1.0.18-verified)
    5. Visual Studio integration is still broken - double-clicking a file opens Visual Studio with the last files that were open, need to go back to Unity and double-click again to get to the file I wanted
    6. the same "Socket connect failed" error as in other 2019.2.b versions is still happening ("Socket: connect failed" on UnityEditor.Rendering.LWRP.MaterialImporter:ReimportAllMaterials)
    Especially that the default project uses non-verified packages is gonna put a lot of the less-techy Unity users into trouble I think.

wirat6714, JoNax97 and Prodigga like this.
  17. konsic

konsic

HDRP takes long to load also. Building a scene too.

18. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

Great job! Was waiting for many months for this release,
    but can you please advice on a small thing, I didn't change anything in settings, just opened a project from 2019.2.a14
    and tried to build for Android, and got:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ...
    2. Execution failed for task ':packageDebug'.
    3. ....
    4. "Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect"
    5. ...
    6. CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    7. ...
    is it related to Android SDKs, should I update them, or.. ?

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm installing it through the Hub and VS 2019 is in the "add modules" list although it's already installed in my computer. If it can help, VS 2019 is not installed on the C drive.

I already posted a similar issue some time ago but I can't remember where I did it so, I'm posting this here.

Capture.JPG

20. REF

REF

Anyone else having trouble with the new cloth component updates? some kind of force seems to be applied to the mesh even tho there's none, also, external and random acceleration values seem to no longer work. :/

21. EvOne

EvOne

Great! Congratulations to the developers!!!

But... Where can I find the 2D-animation update shown in release video? o_O
    In my 2019.2 - everything is as before...

2019-07-30_22-58-39.png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  22. Gametyme

Gametyme

I upgraded from 2019.1.12 to 2019.2 and now one of my scenes has slowed to a crawl because of these 2 errors.
    The rest of the scenes work without any errors.

Edit, i'm not using XR in my project.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.PrepareLightsForGPU (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CullingResults cullResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDProbeCullingResults hdProbeCullingResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DensityVolumeList densityVolumes, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DebugDisplaySettings debugDisplaySettings, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:1818)
    3. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1607)
    4. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.9.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1452)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipeline.cs:72)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:67)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. XRSystem.ReleaseFrame() was not called!

wirat6714 likes this.
  23. Deozaan

Deozaan

Both the upgrade guides for 2019.1 and 2019.2 are empty and useless.

Ruslank100, keeponshading and fherbst like this.
  24. lachlan_realresponse

lachlan_realresponse

Really sorry to hear that your project is in trouble. But UnityScript was deprecated over two years ago, and completely removed from Unity almost a year ago. So pretty sure you have only yourself to blame.

Why don't you just...not upgrade your version of Unity while working on your current project?

wirat6714, Mikael-H, devotid and 4 others like this.
  25. Gametyme

Gametyme

Found the problem...its an regression.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...on-when-using-particle-system-lighting-module

26. runner78

runner78

Alverik likes this.
  27. andyz

andyz

What makes you think this? The docs state you get gc in webgl. The size of memory allocated may never drop from its max though, don't allocate too much at once

28. DrFragger

DrFragger

HAS anyone managed to get a LOT OF COMPILE ERRORS when upgrading to v 2019.2.0f1 ?
    Well, I DID !!!!.....AND NOW MY WHOLE PROJECT IS CORRUPTED !!!!!!

29. fherbst

fherbst

30. runner78

runner78

1. Read the release notes
    2. Make a backup before upgrade
    3. Don't upgrade important projects on the first release date.

Mikael-H, Ruslank100, Alverik and 2 others like this.
  31. acropole

acropole

Where is the shadergraph window ?

32. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

33. AlphaDreams

AlphaDreams

I just upgraded my project to 2019.2, and after upgrading all the packages in the packages windows, it seems that I got one last bug : all my sprites lost their bones (I use the 2D Animation package).
    When I open the .meta files, I can see the bones, but not when I open my sprite in the Sprite Editor window.
    In my prefabs, the bones transform are here, and my animations use them correctly, but since the sprites seems to not have any bones, it doesn't work...

If someone know how to deal with that, I really want to try this new version !

34. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Hi, are you using AssetDatabase V2? If so, please change to v1 for now, there is a known issue where the devs are still looking into it.

Does reimporting the asset works?

35. AlphaDreams

AlphaDreams

No, I'm not using AssetDatabase v2 (well, I don't enable it myself, so I don't think so. How do I know what version did my projet use ?)

No, I tried to reimport a single asset, AND reimport all assets, but nothing seems to work.

36. Alagatar

Alagatar

Hi,
    I have issue with Unity 2019.2 and Jetbrains Rider 2019.1.
    Unit tests can't run from Rider, it leaves in stage Pending.
    After upgrade unity from 2019.1 to 2019.2, I removed old rider plugin and than try run unit tests from Rider but it no working(
    Hope this issue will'b fixed soon
    Thanks

37. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Would you be able to send me a pre-upgrade project to take a look at the issue?

38. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

Hiya EvOne! We're working on making this available as soon as possible. Stay tuned and apologies for the delay!

EvOne likes this.
  39. AlphaDreams

AlphaDreams

Well, it's a quite heavy project we're working on with my team, and I don't think I can send it like that :(
    But if you want, I can create a new project with just one of our animated sprites (with it's bones), in Unity 2019.1.12, and send it ?

40. TonCol

TonCol

"Upgraded" to 2019.2 and get this:

Thread group size must be above zero
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, Camera[], IntPtr, AtomicSafetyHandle)

Clicking the error highlights the GTAO and GTAODenoise shaders.

Appears to be ambient occlusion related; if I turn my ambient occlusion override off the errors go away.

I have re-imported all and removed / re-added the HDRP and still getting those errors.

Edit:

Further investigations have revealed the errors being related to the "Full Resolution" option in the ambient occlusion settings being unchecked. However, even when checking that option and playing around with the settings I can't see an ambient occlusion effect...

Anyone?

41. Shadowing

Shadowing

I sure would love to get a hold of that water racing project that is shown in that video. Any chance of you guys releasing it?

ImpossibleRobert, EvOne and konsic like this.
  42. konsic

konsic

I was hoping that LWRP would eventually become subset of HDRP and every LWRP project one could run in HDRP natively.

43. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

The memory never goes down and will eventually cause it to crash. Its why opening a hundred megaybytes will cause the app to require gigs of ram
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/webgl-never-releasing-memory.520766/

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

To quote @runner78:
    1. Make a backup before upgrade!
    2. Make a backup before upgrade!!
    3. Make a backup before upgrade!!!

Aiursrage2k likes this.
  45. AlphaDreams

AlphaDreams

If, after upgrading to Unity 2019.2, you got several errors in the console, it can be sometime solved by simply open the Package Manager Windows, and update every package with an available update (black download arrow).

Endomlic likes this.
  46. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The team will look into it. For now, creating a new keystore file and using it as the project keystore should fix the issue.

47. tduriga

tduriga

Hi, do you have any other errors or just these 2? I had the same "XRSystem.ReleaseFrame()" error after upgrading to 2019.2 from 2019.1 with the NullPointer but it was reported on the line 1717 in LightLoop.cs class, not 1818 as yours.

I'm also not using XR in my project, but I found out that the issue was really with something else, check this thread I made yesterday it might help you: https://forum.unity.com/threads/emp...2019-2b10-with-hdrp-with-possible-fix.718808/ You could try to edit the code in package and check if "aovRequest" on the 1818 line is null, it seems that "aovRequest" is something with Ambient occlusion and my error was also caused by AO system. I hope they will fix this soon because I don't want to change the code in package every time I restart the Unity.

48. pyst1996

pyst1996

I have many photos and I want to create animation based on existing photos, how should I do it, help me!
    upload_2019-7-31_20-31-44.png

49. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Yes, as long as it can be reproduce, that will be great!

50. xDavidLeon

xDavidLeon

This happened to me too. The error appears when you've got Shuriken Particle Systems with Light Module enabled. I sent a bug report a few hours ago.

Example video of bug:

Gametyme likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.