Search Unity

Unity 2019.2 Editor gets extremely slow after a while

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by noania, Aug 3, 2019.

1. noania

noania

I haven't been able to figure out what's causing the problem but my editor gets very slow after about an hour of running Unity. At first it runs fine, only taking 10ms in the profiler but I've seen the number grows up to 60ms(200ms+ when spike) while doing nothing or in play mode. (And it feels much slower than the actual numbers)

Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone managed to fix it? I really would like to know how to fix it.

It never happened before upgrading the project(2019.1)

Also, it can be reproduced but I don't think Unity employees want to open my project and wait for an hour for the slowdown to happen.

2. LEDWORKS

LEDWORKS

Since the upgrade to 2019.2 my project now takes 1 hour + to open each day, its almost as though its compiliing shader varients in the background as that process takes 1-2 hours currently. (Confirmed) It is the shader compilier process runnning each time we open the project as we can see it in the task manager. not sure if this is realted to your editor slowing down over rtime but need fixing asap regardless

3. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

Mine is slow when using collaborate