Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.2.0b10 Crashing with Lumin SDK v0.22

Discussion in 'AR' started by Jaxogon, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Jaxogon

Jaxogon

Hi,
    I've been getting crashes 100% of the time in Unity 2019.2.0b10 with the Unity Magic Leap Package v0.22 and Lumin SDK v0.22. I'm pretty sure this is related to the XR Management's Magic Leap Loader.

I'm able to go through the 10 steps of the Unity Project setup found here fore Unity 2019.2.x :
    https://creator.magicleap.com/learn/guides/unity-setup

But it seems like after Magic Leap Loader has been set and after the v0.22 Magic Leap Unity Package has been installed(with all options selected, and clicking on the prompt to continue after the API warning appears since Magic Leap's documentation said to ignore the API warning) , accessing the Player Settings or Project Settings will ALWAYS trigger a crash.

Is there a workaround? Are there files to avoid installing from the v0.22 Magic Leap Unity Package?

Thanks!

2. Jaxogon

Jaxogon

Working on a solution if anyone is curious. Seems like the problem is in the Magic Leap Unity Package v0.22.

I've prevented Unity crashes in the above situation by not importing all the files from that package (contrary to the Magic Leap tutorial). I unchecked the folders BackgroundMusicExample, MediaPlayerStereoExample, and Soundfield and had not experienced any crashes, I haven't narrowed it down from there yet. Will update again when it's narrowed down.

3. Chris_ML

Chris_ML

Hello Jaxogen,

We saw you reported this issue and are happy to help resolve it on the Magic Leap Forums. We have yet to see this with other Creators getting started with Unity 2019.2 and the 0.22 Lumin SDK but can work with you directly there to find a resolution.

Thanks!
    -Chris
    Magic Leap, Developer Support

4. cwule

cwule

I observe the same issue, has this been resolved?

5. pappuu

pappuu

Yes. For me unity 2019.2.2.f crashes when I click play and try to run it on the magic leap simulator virtual room.
    Any solutions?

6. GeekTron

GeekTron

I am seeing the same with Unity 2019.3.5f1 and it is a spectacular crash that shuts down my MacBook Pro with the CPU fan going crazy like it is about to explode!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    unity_CXxomPyBCY7tew likes this.
  7. unity_CXxomPyBCY7tew

unity_CXxomPyBCY7tew

I have the same problem right now! did you narrowed down the list?