Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2019.1a11 and VR: Renders upside down on Vive

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by jashan, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jashan

jashan

I successfully got HDRP with VR working using the VR in HDRP instructions. Now, with Unity 2019.1.0a11, it looks like I'm "almost there": Tracking works correctly (according to the camera transform in the scene view), stereo also seems to be correct - but the image is flipped upside down (flipped on Y axis).

I can rotate the head on Y left/right, which seems fine - but rotation along X (up/down) and Z (tilt) seems to be going the opposite direction, which I assume is the visual effect of the image being flipped.

I'm getting the same behavior in a new project using the LW Virtual Reality RP template. Also, I tried disabling postprocessing but that didn't change anything.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix / workaround available?

2. eatbuckshot

eatbuckshot

I was seeing the same issue as you on 2019.1.0a11 where it would invert the camera.
    I was using version 5.2.3 Preview when it happened and also had applied the "disable relative camera" in the ShaderConfig.cs and ShaderConfig.cs.hlsl .

A workaround I used was to get the latest Master, which at this time is a WIP 5.3.0 and it seems to be working a lot better without the inversion issue.
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline

I downloaded this and extracted the com.unity.render-pipelines.core, and com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition folder (and com.unity.shadergraph if you're using that) into the local Packages folder in the project. I adjusted the manifest.json to point to
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "5.3.0",
    and reopened the project one or two times.

Now I'm curious if I can get 2018.3.0f1 to work in the same way
    edit: Yes it seems to work with 2018.3.0f1 with HDRP version 4.6.0-preview, apparently it may not have worked with 4.3.0 not too sure

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    jashan likes this.
  3. jashan

jashan

Very cool! This works! :)

But I'm not sure you are actually using the version from GitHub with your manifest.json. It looks like maybe, by manually typing 5.3.0, you get a more recent package - but the way to use a package that you have downloaded locally is like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "file:../PackagesGitHub/ScriptableRenderPipeline/com.unity.render-pipelines.core",
    2.     "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "file:../PackagesGitHub/ScriptableRenderPipeline/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition",
    3.     "com.unity.shadergraph": "file:../PackagesGitHub/ScriptableRenderPipeline/com.unity.shadergraph",
    4.     "com.unity.visualeffectgraph": "file:../PackagesGitHub/ScriptableRenderPipeline/com.unity.visualeffectgraph",
    In my case, I have a folder PackagesGitHub in my project, right next to packages, and in that folder, I have a sub-folder ScriptableRenderPipeline, which has the package checked out from GitHub.

That's the setup I have for my 2018.3.0beta version of the project ... and funny enough: I even have that same structure already for the 2019-version - I just hadn't hooked it up. Well, now I have ;-)

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

Still a bug in final release of Unity 2019. Early Unity (2018 and before) do not have the problem. The frame debugger shows the bug in great detail.