Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshcamas

joshcamas

Have you posted bug reports for both of these issues? That's how Unity learns about bugs

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

No, because too many of the bugs I have reported were just closed because nobody managed to reproduce them, or people just don't understand what I'm talking about so...

3. joshcamas

joshcamas

I understand your frustration, but if no one else can reproduce them / understand what you're talking about, then they cannot fix them... that's just how it is.

halley likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sure, but at least my problem is mentioned somewhere.

5. Rayeloy

Rayeloy

Every time a bug I reported could not be reproduced I tried to explain it again to them with images, example projects or even videos recording my screen and my microphone, verbally explaining and showing what the problem was. I recommend you persevere in reporting the bug, they (almost) always respond to them and they usually end up solving them for me.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I won't do that, not in this case since it's just an annoyance, nothing engine breaking. :)

7. vgyorgy

vgyorgy

I don't start offline! If I start the editor, he wants to start the hub if I want to start the hub, not starting because the server inaccessible! Could someone help me?

8. doctorpangloss

doctorpangloss

2019 is kind of a wreck. In 2019.1.6f1, I have
    1. A component that inherits from Text
    2. Which sets its font to an icons font
    3. And sets its text to a single unicode character glyph expressed like \ue88f
    4. Which does not render in 2019.1.6f1, but has rendered in all versions of Unity since 2017, when I've been using the MaterialUI package.
    It appears that interpreting a unicode escape doesn't work anymore.

Unless I'm submitting a specific fix for a niche package, like to the WebGL IME input, I've never had luck reporting bugs. By the time a QA person replies to my bug, there's already a later version of Unity released, and I haven't tested it on a version that didn't exist when I filed the bug, so I get caught in a loop of catch up that's a huge waste of time.

I'd file bugs if any of them actually get fixed. I guess the answer is to just not update, which is sort of the status quo of the games industry.

This could all be made better if, as a matter of policy, you just used any number of the literally tens of thousands of Unity3D projects on GitHub or in your own collaboration tool to test for regressions.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

This problem has been fixed in 2019.3.0a6. Thank you! ;)

10. LilGames

LilGames

11. Arthur-LVGameDev

Arthur-LVGameDev

We're experiencing an editor-only performance issue with our game. We're already actively deploying builds to customers using 2019.1 and having good results, but we aren't currently able to update to 2019.1 for day-to-day development work due to this performance issue (which means we're developing on 2018.3.x latest, then merging those changes to a "2019.1" branch that we build via 2019.1).

Strangely, the performance issue is only impacting the editor when running on Windows. On macOS the exact same project/code performs perfectly / the same as it did on 2018.3, and generally as expected. Both Windows & macOS users tested as of today, both using 2019.1.7f1 which is the latest 2019.1 version available.

Here are a couple screenshots from the Windows tests: https://imgur.com/a/DWUkXoE

Of course we kept the profiler off for the 'real' testing, but it was either and/or alternating between 'chugging' & 'hitching' every couple of frames. From there we popped the profiler open to try to get a better idea of what may have been causing the issue and we're well aware that the timings in editor are distinct from profiling builds, etc etc. -- this isn't about profiling our game though, it's about getting in-editor performance that resembles what we had with 2018.3x, and that is somewhat consistent between our macOS devs and our Windows devs.

Additionally, the Windows guys are seeing crashes ~60-70% of the time that they exit Play Mode in the editor; under the same conditions with the macOS editor the crashes do not occur.

Any thoughts / ideas guidance?

12. Shadowing

Shadowing

I have a large issue with the new Terrain tools package. The smooth tool doesn't seem to do anything. Everything else works though.
    Where can i go to report this bug?
    Or can I just use Unity report bug for that. I wasn't sure if there was a forum thread that would be better reporting it at instead?

Also in response to the post above. I also as well have large performance issues when in run time inside windows editor. Performance issues that didn't exist before I upgraded from 2018 to 2019.
    Its super bad. Its actually related to when Vegetation studio is running. Which i have reported it to the developer of vegetation studio.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  13. Shadowing

Shadowing

So today after I did my first build in Unity 2019.1.8
    • Now when I try to paint textures on the terrain Unity crashes. (Sent in the crash report)
    • There are no shadows in my project anymore on anything. Vegetation or manually placed objects.
    • It seems many textures in my project are showing as some super low resolution.

Edit: Turns out Project settings for quality was changed. So trying to get that fixed back to how I had it

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is there a problem with the Post Processing package in 2019.1.9f1? The package is up to date but if I add the Post Process Layer to the camera I immediately get a large pink triangle on the top left of my scene and the following error message:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber': failed to open source file: '../StdLib.hlsl' at line 21 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with FINALPASS
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Capture.JPG

Removing the package and reinstalling it seems to fix the problem but how long will it hold?

15. Shadowing

Shadowing

Everytime I update Unity I have to uninstall post processing and add it back. Does it every time for like half a year now of updates.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh great...

Thank you for the info. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.