Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

2. adzl

adzl

No previous versions had a way to modify the keys for things like the 3D Viewport fly mode.
    I can't see it on 2019.1
    2019-04-23.png 2019-04-23 (2).png

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. bngames

bngames

Why is there a flash when you press play and stop play (see video ) ?

4. roka

roka

Edit/Shortcuts

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

You can submit the report without attaching the project and ask the QA employee handling the case to provide you with an alternative storage solution where you can upload the project to. If the project is already in the cloud (eg. github), it's also a possibility to give QA access to the repository.

Could you please submit a bug report for that?

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll reach out to the team.

6. jj-unity

jj-unity

Unity Technologies

Re: the mobile VR crash, we recently discovered an issue in 2019.1.0b10+ where mobile VR may crash in certain situations. One specific case is with particle systems in the scene and MultiView enabled.

The current workarounds are to either use b9, or to switch to MultiPass. Neither workaround is ideal, but we have a fix in the works that we hope to get in for 2019.1.1.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's not a bug; it's a design problem. It's well described in the link I added to my post.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Another tutorial had the same problem; you'll have to ask the team to look at all the tutorials. :)

I know that tutorials are supposed to be made using the versions of Unity they were made with but most of these versions cannot be used nowadays. This doesn't mean that the tutorials must be removed; I made the Stealth (Unity 4.6) entirely with both 2018.3 and 2019.2 beta without any problem. :)

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP

2019.1.0f2: I created a new project and it appears that I have a package that seems to be empty installed by default. The package is called Unity UI, it has a manifest with a link to the package manager but it's not in the "in project" list, the "all packages" list or the "preview packages" list.

Sans-titre-1.jpg

10. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you tell me what kind of new project you created? (2D, 3D, Lightweight?)

11. g_o

g_o

This was the single most horrible upgrade I've ever been through on any software I ever used
    This was so bad that I've spent hours just trying to get this thing to load anything
    I get that you want to move forward but the backwards compatibility is so bad that it's actually insane given that you don't offer any good alternatives.

(started with something like 700 errors, got rid of some via reimport: thought I clicked on upgrade?)
    - Blender importing is broken
    - UNet is obsolete and your new system is indev so I have to move to photon
    - DLL link errors of unity's obsolete packages instead of removing them in the upgrade process?
    - Argument Exceptions from the editor itself?? How does that provide me with any info on what part of the project triggered this exception?

12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There are workarounds and it will be fixed in 2019.1.1. https://forum.unity.com/threads/upg...import-broken-workaround.662623/#post-4439128

You can still use UNET in 2019.1 by using the "Multiplayer HLAPI" package.

Can you please provide more information? What packages are causing you problems during upgrade?

Same here, please provide more information.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

It was a 3D project.

14. Thall33

Thall33

Can't seem to light bake properly in 2019.1 I keep getting this error - (Using progressive CPU)

Baked lightmap filtering failed during bake. Try disabling the Optix denoiser or lower the Lightmap Size.

Funny thing is even even I select filtering to none and change map size from 2048 to as low as 128 the error is still being thrown up, sometimes it even crashes. The project scene still bakes perfectly in 2018.

Also the prioritize view doesn't work either, its just seems to bake random things. Sometimes the bakes turn from 20 min to 2 hours.

I basically can't bake lighting at all in 2019.1. And it won't accept lighting assets from 2018.3 pasted in. I don't know what to do!

15. g_o

g_o

Actually was able to solve it simply by building with Ctrl+B to standalone player. I've no idea why building in the editor itself is problematic but I'll paste here some of the exceptions I get from the editor when they'll pop again.

Maybe something with clean vs. incremental build? or some packages that aren't supported on 2019.1 anymore that integrate with the editor? idk but I literally build to player and only then run it from the editor as a workaround rn.

EDIT: new problem of .blend models
    opacity, orientation and whatnot. Moved to blender 2.8.

I don't need to workaround this, you need to patch this embarrasment

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  16. djsell

djsell

In the announcement, this video shows off how LWRP has been customized using renderer features:

Is this available as a sample project anywhere? It would be nice to see how this effect was created.

Thanks

17. DrunkenMastah

DrunkenMastah

For me after an upgrade from 2018.3.12 to 2019.1.0f2 it seems UI loading is extremely laggy on iOS devices and in the Editor. No code was changed whatsoever. Hoping this is just some glitch in the layout dirty mechanism that might be fixed in 2019.1.1 ? Did anyone else notice the same?

18. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

19. adzl

adzl

Thanks roka

20. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

Hi, Issue 1137204 has just had its status set to "Fixed in Unity 2019.1". It's still an issue in the current official release 2019.1.0f2.

When is the patch version with that fix expected to be available? It's currently a blocker for us preventing a feature release.

21. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix should become available in 2019.1.2 in roughly two weeks.

Huacanacha likes this.
  22. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

Thanks! Is there any way to get early access to 2019.1.2 (even if not fully validated), or is there a workaround or patch we can apply to current release? We have our own pending release waiting on this.

23. nixedd

nixedd

same problem here. my old projects with .blend 3D files worked perfectly in unity 2018 but they will be not imported in 2019. even the workaround with Unity-BlenderToFBX.py is not working. hope it will be fixed with the next update!

24. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately the build won't be available before release. As for a workaround:

In the Player settings->Resolution and Presentation, make sure the "Allow Fullscreen switch" option is enabled (checked). This should allow the Windows shortcut Alt+Enter to switch between fullscreen and windowed. I believe this setting is on by default.
    So, after clicking the Maximize button, the display goes to full screen, press Alt+Enter on the keyboard and it should switch back to a Maximized window.

25. arkogelul

arkogelul

I know it's been a while, but could I ask you for something else ?
    I dug a bit deeper to see what was wrong.
    The 30fps lock bug occurs when :

- You run a build from 2019.1
    - You run it on Win 10
    - You run it in full screen mode
    - You have a secondary monitor plugged in (all the tests I ran were with HDMI)

If you have a secondary monitor, would you mind to check if this happens to you too ?
    That'd be super nice.
    Cheers !

26. michaelbuhman

michaelbuhman

The list of new features looks very interesting!

LeonhardP likes this.
  27. konsic

konsic

Building the project takes longer than expected. Even if you have small scene.

28. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

How much longer does it take compared to 2018? Is it perhaps only slower on the first build and subsequent builds are faster?

29. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

Is there a way I can escalate this? We have a professional product that's being left in limbo as we can't push new releases without this fix - we released as Beta but the feedback is that this is a blocker for certain use-cases. We are aware of the keyboard workaround but I believe that doesn't work for Windows tablets. I meant a patch or code workaround if possible, or if not early access to 2019.1.2.

30. _met44

_met44

31. timke

timke

Hi,

I'm the software engineer who's been working on the fix for this bug and was notified of your situation.

I've implemented a workaround to automatically revert the app out of Fullscreen mode. Unfortunately, you cannot put the window in a "maximized" state, since this will again trigger the Fullscreen mode switch, so instead this code will move/resize the window to fill the desktop area.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System;
    4. using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
    6. public class FullscreenCheck : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    8.     public bool AllowFullscreenMode; // Set this flag if we actually want Fullscreen mode
    10.     private IntPtr _hWnd; // Main window handle
    11.     private float _timeElapsed; // Accumulates amount of time since last check
    12.     private bool _repositionWindow; // Internally flags to reposition main window after switching out of fullscreen
    14.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    15.     void Start()
    16.     {
    17.         AllowFullscreenMode = false;
    19.         _timeElapsed = 0;
    20.         _repositionWindow = false;
    22.         // This *should* return the handle for Standalone Player's main window
    23.         _hWnd = FindWindow("UnityWndClass", null);
    24.     }
    26.     // Update is called once per frame
    27.     void Update()
    28.     {
    29.         if (AllowFullscreenMode || _hWnd == IntPtr.Zero) return;
    31.         _timeElapsed += Time.deltaTime;
    33.         // Poll FullScreenMode periodically and not every frame
    34.         if (_timeElapsed < 0.25) return;
    36.         _timeElapsed = 0;
    38.         // Switch back to 'Windowed' mode if we ever find ourselves in Fullscreen
    39.         // However the size of the window is generally too large and clipped by edge of the display
    40.         if (Screen.fullScreenMode != FullScreenMode.Windowed)
    41.         {
    42.             Screen.fullScreenMode = FullScreenMode.Windowed;
    44.             // Must wait 1 frame to mode change to settle before adjusting window position and size
    45.             _repositionWindow = true;
    46.         }
    47.         else if (_repositionWindow)
    48.         {
    49.             // Get the monitor the Unity game window is currently on
    50.             var monitor = MonitorFromWindow(_hWnd, MONITOR_DEFAULTTONEAREST);
    52.             var info = new MONITORINFO();
    53.             info.Init();
    55.             // Move/resize the window to fit within the WorkArea (usable desktop space) of the current monitor
    56.             if (monitor != IntPtr.Zero && GetMonitorInfo(monitor, ref info))
    57.             {
    58.                 int width = info.WorkArea.Right - info.WorkArea.Left;
    59.                 int height = info.WorkArea.Bottom - info.WorkArea.Top;
    61.                 MoveWindow(_hWnd, info.WorkArea.Left, info.WorkArea.Top, width, height, false);
    63.                 // NOTE: On Windows 10 there will still be a gap between the window and the edge of the screen.
    64.                 // This is because the frame of a resizeable window (i.e. chrome) is invisible
    65.             }
    66.             _repositionWindow = false;
    67.         }
    68.     }
    70.     [DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet=CharSet.Ansi)]
    71.     private static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string className, string windowName);
    73.     [DllImport("user32.dll")]
    74.     private static extern bool SetWindowPos(IntPtr hWnd, IntPtr hWndInsertAfter, int x, int y, int cx, int cy, uint uFlags);
    76.     [DllImport("user32.dll")]
    77.     private static extern bool MoveWindow(IntPtr hWnd, int X, int Y, int nWidth, int nHeight, bool bRepaint);
    79.     private const int MONITOR_DEFAULTTONULL = 0;
    80.     private const int MONITOR_DEFAULTTOPRIMARY = 1;
    81.     private const int MONITOR_DEFAULTTONEAREST = 2;
    83.     [DllImport("user32.dll")]
    84.     private static extern IntPtr MonitorFromWindow(IntPtr hwnd, uint dwFlags);
    86.     [DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
    87.     static extern bool GetMonitorInfo(IntPtr hMonitor, ref MONITORINFO lpmi);
    89.     [StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
    90.     internal struct MONITORINFO
    91.     {
    92.         public int Size;
    93.         public RectStruct Monitor;
    94.         public RectStruct WorkArea;
    95.         public uint Flags;
    97.         public void Init()
    98.         {
    99.             this.Size = 40;
    100.         }
    101.     }
    103.     [StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential)]
    104.     public struct RectStruct
    105.     {
    106.         public int Left;
    107.         public int Top;
    108.         public int Right;
    109.         public int Bottom;
    110.     }
    111. }
    It's not a perfect solution (see comments in code) and a quite hacky, but it'll keep the app in "Windowed" mode and hopefully unblock you.

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug is causing you.

32. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

Thanks. I really appreciate it! I'll get this in a build to test shortly.

To confirm I understand what to expect: this will prevent "fullscreen mode" from being activated but will resize the window to take up full screen if "fullscreen" is attempted? If so that should do the trick. I'll let you know how our testing goes.

33. timke

timke

Yes, that's what it should do; hopefully it works properly (I only did some basic testing on my dev PC :)). If you run into trouble please post issues to this thread, and I'll try to improve the solution.

34. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

Initial testing looks good. We are deep diving now. I'm also trying removing the delay, which should mean just a single frame in fullscreen mode, to see if that reduces the perceived flicker.
    - I see the gaps around the window border on Win10 (as per your comment in the code)... I think it should be fine like this as a temp solution, and I expect there likely isn't a robust way to know exact pixel size of this invisible chrome?
    - The script doesn't seem to have adverse effects on Mac builds (I may add some windows #defines in any case)

Thanks again!

unity_d8l2g9j6BbWigA likes this.
  35. arkogelul

arkogelul

Hi,

Could this bug be related to this one 1147620 ?
    It does happen in full screen mode in Win 10.

(When an additional screen is plugged as secondary cloned display, the performances drop dramatically).

Thanks

36. konsic

konsic

@timke
    I've found this strange issue with physics detection and Maximize on Play / Fullscreen mode.
    When in Maximize on Play mode, character controller doesn't affect OnTriggerEnter and OnTriggerStay.
    If I disable Maximize on Play / Fullscreen mode, there is more chance that character controller will trigger the event.

I've explain it here but now I've found that Maximize on Play / Fullscreen mode in build affects physics update.
    Please, fix this as soon as possible because project is oriented using physics.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/character-controller-and-trigger-help.671026/

37. timke

timke

The bug I fixed only effects windowing behavior for Windows Standalone player (Win32) and has no relation to Physics performance or other runtime systems.

Please file a separate bug for this issue.

38. transat

transat

Is 2019.1.1 running behind schedule?

39. konsic

konsic

Some error in 2019.1.1

Should I use SRP before new version gets an update ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Getting control 7's position in a group with only 7 controls when doing ExecuteCommand
    2. Aborting
    3. UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/LayoutGroup.cs:122)
    4. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (System.Single minWidth, System.Single maxWidth, System.Single minHeight, System.Single maxHeight, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:464)
    5. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (System.Single minWidth, System.Single maxWidth, System.Single minHeight, System.Single maxHeight, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:453)
    6. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.GetControlRect (System.Boolean hasLabel, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9358)
    7. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.IntPopup (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Int32 selectedValue, UnityEngine.GUIContent[] displayedOptions, System.Int32[] optionValues, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8334)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.IntPopup (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Int32 selectedValue, UnityEngine.GUIContent[] displayedOptions, System.Int32[] optionValues, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8328)
    9. UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.LightmapEmissionFlagsProperty (System.Int32 indent, System.Boolean enabled, System.Boolean ignoreEmissionColor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1363)
    10. UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.BaseUnlitGUI.DoEmissionArea (UnityEngine.Material material) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.13.0-preview/Editor/Material/Unlit/BaseUnlitUI.cs:840)
    11. UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LitGUI.DoEmissiveGUI (UnityEngine.Material material) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.13.0-preview/Editor/Material/Lit/LitUI.cs:916)
    12. UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LitGUI.MaterialPropertiesGUI (UnityEngine.Material material) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.13.0-preview/Editor/Material/Lit/LitUI.cs:952)
    13. UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.BaseLitGUI.ShaderPropertiesGUI (UnityEngine.Material material) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.13.0-preview/Editor/Material/Lit/BaseLitUI.cs:421)
    14. UnityEditor.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.BaseUnlitGUI.OnGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialEditor materialEditor, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] props) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.13.0-preview/Editor/Material/Unlit/BaseUnlitUI.cs:904)
    15. UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1707)
    16. UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:476)
    17. UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:445)
    18. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

40. MaxXR

MaxXR

41. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

42. MaxXR

MaxXR

Yes, of course I added it. That's the first thing to check lol. Also searched and tried adding the Performance API code to the manifest (which didn't work).

Yes, the ECS samples work.
    However, new project, import Entities, Mathematics, Hybrid Renderer etc does not work.

LMK if anyone has a solution.

43. Angusalex

Angusalex

After the update impossible to build for Android anymore I get lots of errors anyone have building problems?

44. Lelon

Lelon

Any examples or news about networking? That's the most important thing I was waiting for all this months.

45. Davide1104

Davide1104

Hi
    In this simple script, Unity 2019.1 gives me an error that has not occurred in unity 2018.3 where it works perfectly.
    do you have any advice for me?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Peter77 likes this.
  46. konsic

konsic

Unity thinks that your children are empty, not parented.

I also had this problem when importing old project into new one with new prefab workflow.

I don't know.

47. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

48. roka

roka

Again a funny bug like this one :

Try to submit a bug report, maybe we will get a patch for 2020 .......

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

You'd better write a full description instead of making a video.

50. Davide1104

Davide1104

About my problem I partially resolved it by deselecting all content in hierarchy, and in my case, if you need watching inspector about an object lock the inspector on it, otherwise it returns the error

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.