Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Make sure that there is no other line related to the Android; if there are none, it's probably included.

2. Spiral-Organ

Spiral-Organ

well thats sorta better.png

It's not very feasible for some of us to upload test scenes since the assets are scattered all over the place in directories in a project thats over 20 GB.

At any rate, I've managed to work out that some of the bugs may have something to do with the post-processing system. Either disabling it or removing screen space reflections in the post processing volume seems to have stopped the crashes. It was not a asset-dependent glitch after all.

3. Spiral-Organ

Spiral-Organ

oy vey vulkan.png

oy vey vulkan.png

Also just noticed this bug in post processing on Vulkan, it says the post processing volume object cannot be accessed since it was destroyed, but here it still is in the scene. So in general I don't think the latest post-processing stack works very well on Vulkan, or more accurately, Vulkan doesn't seem to work very well in general with problems rendering terrain. I take it Vulkan is not mature to the level as DX11 is? From what I can tell in the build settings, Vulkan is no longer experimental.

4. BonneCW

BonneCW

How is migration to newer Unity versions meant to work? For example one of my projects was on Unity 2018.3. It's just a prototype now and I plan to fix it on 2019.4 in the end. So today I wanted to upgrade it to 2019.1. But of course there are many compiler errors, e.g.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualeffectgraph@4.10.0-preview\Runtime\Utilities\Playables\VisualEffectActivation\VisualEffectActivationBehaviour.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Timeline' does not exist in the

I guess the solution would be to load the Timeline package (I think I read it's now a package), but with compile errors I can't open Package Manager. I read of these problems already since 2018.2 or so when Package Manager was introduced and it's still not fixed. Package Manager must always be available, that's a no-go that way. Is there a proper workaround? I don't want to delete or outcomment all affected code/packages just to download it again afterwards.

5. Yukken

Yukken

It's not included. When I try to build the apk, it still asks for the sdk.

6. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Do you really mean the Android SDK, or just the "Android Target Support" module?

If you meant the Android module, just download "Android Target Support" from the 2019.1 release notes page:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2019.1.0

7. Yukken

Yukken

The actual SDK.

8. chrisk

chrisk

Does anyone have an answer for this? or experience a similar problem? Editor stalls for a few seconds every time I Alt-Tab into the Editor. It doesn't happen on a small project but mine is at 60GB and stall makes it very difficult to work with. It didn't happen prior to 2019.1 but something must have changed in AssetDatabase.Refresh()

9. arkogelul

arkogelul

Frame rate issue in 2019.1 :

I created a brand new project and put a simple FPS counter in the scene.
    In the editor the frame rate isn't limited (goes beyond 250fps) but in a build with all default settings the frame rate is capped to 30fps. No matter the Vsync count parameter chosen, it's still limited at 30fps in build.
    I doubted my fps script so I used FRAPS to check, and the result is the same.

This issue wasn't there in 2018.3.

10. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

What platform is the build running on? Mobile platforms are limited to 30 fps by default through Application.targetFramerate.

11. arkogelul

arkogelul

It's standalone Win, as set as the default settings in a new project.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Could you post the script of your FPS counter? I have deinstalled 2018.3 but I can compare your results to mine in 2019.1. :)

13. arkogelul

arkogelul

Sure thing. Thanks.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.UI;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class FPSDisplay : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     float time;
    8.     float deltaTime = 0.0f;
    9.     public Text fps_txt = null;
    10.     float msec = 0f;
    11.     float fps = 0f;
    12.     float fps_old = 0f;
    13.     string text = null;
    14.     string color;
    15.     string color_end = "</color>";
    16.     string green = "<color=#003810>";
    17.     string red = "<color=#801800>";
    19.     void Awake()
    20.     {
    21.         color = green;
    22.         fps_txt = gameObject.GetComponent<Text>();
    23.     }
    25.     void Update()
    26.     {
    27.         time += Time.unscaledDeltaTime;
    28.         deltaTime += (Time.unscaledDeltaTime - deltaTime) * 0.1f;
    29.         msec = deltaTime * 1000.0f;
    30.         fps = 1.0f / deltaTime;
    31.         if (fps + (fps *3/100) < fps_old)
    32.         {
    33.             color = red;
    34.             if (time>0.033f)
    35.             {
    36.                 time = 0;
    37.                 color = green;
    38.             }
    39.         }
    40.         text = string.Format(color + "{1:0.}" + color_end, msec, fps);
    41.         fps_txt.text = text;
    42.         fps_old = fps;
    43.     }
    44. }

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

I created a brand new project in 2019.1.0f2, created a UI text and added your script to it.

I didn't modify any setting in the new project. My results are that FPS Display displays a steady 60 fps in both the editor and in the build.

Edit: I get the same results if I use the script I usually use instead of yours.

The script is a script that Unity Technologies put in their Standard Assets, that I slightly modified:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. public class FPSCounter : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    8.     public Text counter;
    10.     private const float fpsMeasurePeriod = 0.5f;
    11.     private float fpsNextPeriod = 0;
    12.     private int fpsAccumulator = 0;
    13.     private int currentFps;
    15.     private void Start()
    16.     {
    17.         fpsNextPeriod = Time.realtimeSinceStartup + fpsMeasurePeriod;
    18.     }
    20.     private void Update()
    21.     {
    22.         fpsAccumulator++;
    24.         if (Time.realtimeSinceStartup > fpsNextPeriod)
    25.         {
    26.             currentFps = (int)(fpsAccumulator / fpsMeasurePeriod);
    27.             fpsAccumulator = 0;
    28.             fpsNextPeriod += fpsMeasurePeriod;
    29.             counter.text = currentFps.ToString() + " FPS";
    30.         }
    31.     }
    32. }

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Am I missing something?

I just made a test build in . The game window should display full screen but the game screen should be 600 x 900. I modified the build settings like this:

Capture.JPG
    In editor, the game displays as it should:

Capture_2.JPG
    After building the game it displays like this:

Capture_3.JPG

16. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Deleted User likes this.
  17. arkogelul

arkogelul

Thanks for taking the time.
    I'm really confused.. Because this problem occurs on my machine as well as my friend's machin.

Would you mind testing this project ? This is newly created and it runs at 30 fps on build (on my machin and my friend's), but it shouldn't as I never asked for any kind of fps regulation.
    https://we.tl/t-eIm18yNowY

And would you care for sharing your 'Other Settings' (from the player settings) and your 'Quality Settings' ?

PS: Just in case, I'm on win 10 pro 64x, and my friend is on win 7 pro 64x.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Peter77 likes this.
  19. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 up to date.

I downloaded your project and ran it as is; didn't modify anything. In both the editor and the built version (PC), I get a steady 60 fps... I guess the settings I used when I ran your test are the ones you set?

In my test, I created a new project and didn't modify any of the settings to it before running it. The quality settings are "Ultra" and the Other Settings are as follow:

Capture_5.JPG
    Capture_6.JPG

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Here is my build, if you (or anyone else for that matter) want to try it on your pc: https://we.tl/t-z1LWc196Kz

:)

Edit: I just noticed a "WinPixEventRuntime.dll" in your project main folder. There is no such dll in my projects, what is it?

21. arkogelul

arkogelul

I'll check this out. Thanks for the help. Right now I've no idea what's happening, I'll investigate.

22. arkogelul

arkogelul

I figured it out.
    In 2019.1, if I have a clone display (2 screens displaying the same thing through HDMI), my builds are stuck to 30 fps.
    In 2018.3, with the same scenario, everything is fine.
    I tested this with a new empty project.

Does anyone else has this issue ?

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Peter77 likes this.
  24. stalker_23b

stalker_23b

I have issue in 2019.1 - cutout shader is not cutting anything, but editor selection outline shows cutout area.
    upload_2019-4-19_23-43-44.png

But, if i change smoothness source to metallic alpha, cutout starts to work.
    upload_2019-4-19_23-44-48.png

This is reproducing in new clean project
    What can be source of this issue?

25. justdizzy

justdizzy

For me, I think it's that VR LWRP is still in preview.

26. Gigglebooster

Gigglebooster

I was having issues with post processing in 2019. In a new project with the most updated version of post processing I would get errors and it would just make the screen black when enabled. In case anyone else is encountering this, find the folder for post processing right click it and then reimport resolved the issue for me

27. rmalecki

rmalecki

This is the first quick test I run with every new release, and I have been consistently disappointed for 5+ years.
    It must be unbelievably difficult -- far beyond the abilities of even the most gifted human beings -- to make static Terrain trees cast shadows into the baked GI lightmap.

trees.png

28. rmalecki

rmalecki

Seriously, what is the recommended lighting approach for a large-scale open terrain? Obviously dynamic shadow maps are working fine, close to the camera, but are we just supposed to accept that a forest far away in the distance just looks horrible because the baked terrain lightmap pretends the trees are not there?

29. Booteille

Booteille

Hi!

On the new 2019.1 version, I can't see where is the memory option, for WebGL builds.

Here is a screenshot of "Publishing" section, in Player Settings:
    unity_no_memory.png

30. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I recommend to ask this in the Graphics support forum: https://forum.unity.com/categories/graphics.75/

I recommend to ask this in the Graphics support forum: https://forum.unity.com/categories/graphics.75/

I recommend to ask this in the WebGL support forum: https://forum.unity.com/forums/webgl.84/

Please keep in mind, this is the announcement thread for Unity 2019.1. It's more likely to get help in the more specialized sub forums than here.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP

Are we supposed to use Visual Studio 2019 with this version? The downloader doesn't offer it, maybe because VS 2017 is already installed.

When we are supposed to use VS 2019 will the Hub or the downloader offer to install it, even if we already have 2017 installed?

Forget it; I've installed VS 2019 after VS Installer proposed it; so far I'm happy with it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2019
    AlanMattano likes this.
  32. asdzxcv777

asdzxcv777

unity 2019.1.0f2 has gone back to beta release section ??

33. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

No. Why would you think that?

34. asdzxcv777

asdzxcv777

i am seeing this in unity hub

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Probably because you have installed it already?

36. panos_antio

panos_antio

i just cant download it guys...i install unity hub..create ID and then nothing just freeze there

37. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Download the "Unity Editor Download Assistent" from here:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2019.1.0

This lets you directly install Unity, by-passing the Hub.

38. panos_antio

panos_antio

thanks peter but still need to download the unity hub...when i open unity say this: " To use Unity, you must have an active license. Please download Unity Hub to activate your license" and has options " Install Unity Hub" and "Quit Unity"

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

What about solving your installation problem? What happens when you install the Hub? Which hub are you trying to install, 1.6 or 2 beta? Maybe you should try v.2 beta? It works well.

40. panos_antio

panos_antio

i install unity hub no problem till there......when the unity hub opens says that 1---> sign in with existing account 2---> create unity ID......when i sign in at my existing account just dont do nothing and if i press again to sign in with my account again does nothing......IF i make a new unity ID still the same problem....

i cant find v.2 beta :(

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is it the first time you installed the Hub? Did you have any problem singing in before that?

A fast fix would be:
    1. quitting the Hub from the tray,
    2. deleting the UnityHub and Unity Hub folders that are in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming",
    3. starting the Hub and singing in.

42. panos_antio

panos_antio

aaaah i find v2 unity hub but still says i need to activate a license..WTF

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

You do need to choose a licence to use Unity, the free one or another one. Only after that will you be able to use Unity off line.

Keep using version 1.6 for now.

44. panos_antio

panos_antio

no i was using the previous unity version..and unity hub.....i saw that new version released so i wanted to update unity...i just delete all (and unity hub) and make new installation but then i had that problem.....i delete everything in that directory you send me...btw thanks for the replies i am so sad that i cant use unity again

45. panos_antio

panos_antio

HHHEEEY guys i just did it :D :D :D
    ok everything is fine BUT i only could open unity by unity v.2 Beta...
    thanks for your replies <3

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP The Survival Shooter tutorial doesn't work in 2019.1.

I created a new project and downloaded Survival Shooter from the Asset Store,There are lots of compiler errors, all of them related to the Package Manager.

Fix for now: delete all the packages in the package cache each time you start the project or use an older version of Unity.

47. adzl

adzl

In 2019.1, I can't find the Keys in preferences, I have an AZERTY keyboard and need to change the default keys but the option is missing/moved.

48. krassemanne

krassemanne

I noticed that the compile server is gone?

But the reason I needed it seems to be gone as well.

Has anything changed with how the compilation works under the hood since it seems to be running a lot faster now?

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've never seen any option to change the keys in the preferences, whatever the version of Unity I've used. Is that only for the non free licences?

50. fherbst

fherbst

I'm really lost here. There seems to be a regression coming from 2019.1.0b6 to 2019.1.0f2 (release).
    Without changing anything else, our Android VR project (Oculus) now returns SIGSEGVs after launch, every single time. I spent hours trying to go back and forth between versions and enabling/disabling options. There's no stack trace, just, without any error message before or after,
    signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 00000000
    Build type 'Release', Scripting Backend 'il2cpp', CPU 'armeabi-v7a'

I can't really reproduce in a smaller example unfortunately - is there a good way to submit large, confidential projects @LeonhardP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.