Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity 2019.1 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Unity 2019.1 is now available on the download page and in the Unity Hub.

Read the blog post for full details. Selected areas we updated:

Platforms

Engine

Editor

Graphics
    Particles
    Shader Graph
    Lightweight Render Pipeline (LWRP)
    High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP – Preview)
    Native rendering plugin support for Vulkan
    GPU Lightmapper (Preview)
    Added support for the Optix AI Denoiser
    Multiple Importance Sampling for Environment (MIS Environment)
    Other lighting improvements
    Removal of LookDev
    Asynchronous Shader Compilation in the Editor
    High-influence skin weights

DCC

Cinematics

Video

Worldbuilding

2D

2018.4 LTS

Get the 2019.2 alpha!

Remember to back up your projects before opening them in the latest version of Unity. If you encounter any issues, please let us know by submitting a bug report so it can reach our developers.

Thanks again to all the users who helped with testing and giving us feedback on 2019.1 while it was in alpha and beta! Note that we’ve locked the 2019.1 beta forum. Please create your new threads in the appropriate sections of the Forum.

2. Davide1104

Davide1104

WTF now my project runs at 120 fps o_O WOW

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. DarkRewar

DarkRewar

Any functionnal docs or course about the new Unity.Networking system ? The GitHub documentation is deprecated and not really useful.

kuperto_pixel and GonTar_X like this.
  4. Mauri

Mauri

*hyperventilates out of excitement*

5. ratking

ratking

"With this release, we’re reintroducing the ability to edit Prefab Assets in the Inspector once you’ve selected the Prefab in the Project view."

Will this be part of 2018.4 too?

6. _CARNAGE_

_CARNAGE_

I'm not seeing ARFoundation (ARCore/ARKit) in 2019.1.0f2. Anyone else experiencing this?

7. DanMillerU3D

DanMillerU3D

Unity Technologies

You need to enable the show preview packages checkbox in the package manager to see them as they are still in preview

Attached Files:

LeonhardP and charlesb_rm like this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Most likely not.

9. bromske

bromske

Great job :(,
    starting project -> crash -> crashreport....
    Is there something like a "safe mode"?

10. ratking

ratking

Why not?

11. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I'm totally baffled by the amount of improvements and new features in this release. When did you work on all this stuff?

All these new packages seem to come out of the nowhere :eek:

AlanMattano and LeonhardP like this.
  12. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Entering into play mode without domain reload seems very interesting and really big feature that's barely mentioned.

joshcamas likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm getting lost between all these versions. :p

jake46116 and Milanis like this.
  14. Zephus

Zephus

Just for clarification - if I hide something with the new visibility tools it shouldn't be clickable anymore, right? I can still click on a hidden Canvas and it still gets in the way. I was hoping for this to be the solution, so I don't have to go into the layer menu every single time.

15. justdizzy

justdizzy

I upgraded a VR LWRP project from 2018.3.11 to 2019.1.0f1 to 2019.1.0f2 and the header still says "[PREVIEW PACKAGES IN USE]"

Here is a screenshot of the Package Manager:
    Packages.png

Any ideas as to why it still says this?

16. joshcamas

joshcamas

Camera Stacking doesn't seem to be supported in the legacy rendering pipeline. Is this meant to be the case?
    Also, I'm getting very slow scene saving speeds, where saving a few scenes used to take 4 seconds now takes 2 minutes.

Rayeloy likes this.
  17. Rayeloy

Rayeloy

I just encountered this same problem. I hope this is just a bug, I NEED camera stacking to work, my team is in the middle of a crunch and we were waiting for 2019 to come out of beta to get some unity bugs fixed that affected our game. Now I have to choose which bug is worse :(

To explain a bit further: Camera clear flags is set to depth only but the background is black and I can't see the other camera that is behind the first camera. I'm not using any new rendering pipeline, I'm sticking to the legacy one.

joshcamas likes this.
  18. Rayeloy

Rayeloy

I just worked around that bug by changing either the W or the H of the main camera (the one at the bottom without clear flags depth only). To make it similar to the normal size I put W = 0,9999 instead of W = 1. I will try to report this bug through Unity right now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    LeonhardP and joshcamas like this.
  19. janiche

janiche

I have the same problem, even not using any preview package

20. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

As far as I know, Camera Stacking should continue to work in the built-in render pipeline. It's not supported in LWRP though, explanation here.

Could you please submit bug-reports for the issues you found, as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

21. A_Savvidis

A_Savvidis

I want to have more control on my system.
    1. Can someone tell me where exactly are the Android SDK/NDK placed?
    2. Shoudn't those also be auto-updated somehow?
    3. Can other versions point to the same place or if I have 2019.1 & 2019.2 I will have a dual SDK installation?

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

You have to install them for each version of Unity; they may be different from one version to the other.

23. Cromfeli

Cromfeli

Why is AR Foundation not listed as preview in the release outline where as others are listed as preview?

24. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi, I found that Upgrading Unity 2018.3.12f1 to Unity 2019.1.0.f2 breaks references to Mesh which has same name in single FBX file. Reproducible project is sent as Case 1146750.

g_o, LeonhardP, Mauri and 1 other person like this.
  25. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these problems. Could you please submit bug reports with the affected projects attached?

Unfortunately this piece of information landed in the blog post by mistake. That feature is not part of 2019.1. The current ETA for that is 2019.3.

Could you please reply in here with the issue ID once you receive it?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've fixed the mistake in the blog post.

Thank you very much for reporting this issue! The team is on it. You'll be able to check the resolution state at the following address shortly. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1146750/

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Peter77 likes this.
  26. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry about that - it's a known bug that I missed, should have a fix ASAP.

27. diarmaidmalone_unity

diarmaidmalone_unity

Now that hdrp doesn't support the post processing stack with 2019.1, is it still possible to have dynamic post processing using cinemachine?

28. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, it works much the same way. The main difference is, instead of a Post Processing extension on your vcam, you have to add a Volume Settings extension. The PP profile lives there.

29. castana1962

castana1962

Hi
    I installed the Unity 2019.1.0f2 and opened it by Unity Hub 1.5.0 and yesterday works fine
    After that I updated the Hub to 1.6.0 and I have one problem today. When I want to open a new project or any old mine, I only can see Unity icon in the bar task but I cannot maximize it.
    I uninstalled the 2019.1 version and install it again but I cannot fix the problem.
    The only way that I could open the Unity Editor was when I opened the Unity file from my old projects....
    For it, Could anybody advice me how to fix it?
    Thanks
    Alejandro

30. roka

roka

31. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi @castana1962,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Would you please report a bug using Hub bug reporter? This can help us better investigate the issue.
    Also, screenshots will be very helpful.
    You can access the hub bug reporter either from the tray menu or my account dropdown.

Thanks,
    Afshin

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

33. castana1962

castana1962

Hi afshinity
    I sent a report bug from Unity Hug and I sent a print screen of the problem
    I added here this picture too
    Hopefully I can fix this problem asap
    Thanks for your time
    Alejandro

Attached Files:

34. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Deleted User likes this.
  35. jotapeh_

jotapeh_

Was there some major change to how normals are handled in 2019.1? Rotated objects seem to rotate their normals, and the Quad primitive seems to not line up with other parallel primitives in terms of normals. This seems like a huge bug.

Further screenshots/explanation here: https://twitter.com/jotapeh/status/1118613504142061573

Perhaps this is isolated to the LWRP, or Metal? This issue has unfortunately destroyed our ability to migrate to 2019.1 from 2018.3 LWRP preview.

edit: a workaround, as detailed on the Twitter thread above. Recreating a basic "Lit" shader in ShaderGraph works fine. Simply plug Texture2D samplers into each PBR Master output.

Likely some optimization that is not playing nice with Metal or similar

edit 2: A small repro project has been filed as a bug report, Case 1146987

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    LeonhardP likes this.
  36. iKazine

iKazine

Installed 2019.1.0f2 today and it seemed like there were some issue, but after reinstalling many times, this problem persists.
    There are blank errors in the console, package manager is completely gone and I cannot get any packages, and the UI is very glitchy atleast on Plasma.
    Using Ubuntu 19.04 64bit with the latest kernel.

37. Rayeloy

Rayeloy

I just found out that the bug only appears when you are using a post process layer and you have "Directly to Camera Target" set to true. Set it to false to fix it. I hope it helps someone.

Oh sorry, I just realized you mentioned my post. My issue ID is 1146703.

38. chrisk

chrisk

Just upgraded my project to the latest 2019 and I always get Busy Icon for 2 seconds when making Unity window Active from Inactive state(by Alt-Tabbing). The wait sometimes takes up to 10 seconds and it's really annoying.
    This behavior was not seen prior to the upgrade.

I ran the profile at the state switch and this is what I get. It looks like the MaterialEditor trying to update shader cache. My project size is about 60GB and you may not notice the delay on a small project.

For the future, Please! Please! Please!, do some testing using large size projects. The enter to play is already taking more than 10 seconds on Empty Scene and please don't make the experience any worse than already is. It's really frustrating and it's cancer-causing. It makes me to avoid Unity at all cost in the future.

For the testing, just install a bunch of the most popular Assets from Unity Store and you will notice big slow down immediately. And that's what we have to deal with every day. You never know because you don't make games. I'm sure you can afford some assets and it's not too much to ask, right?
    upload_2019-4-18_8-4-52.png

39. Spiral-Organ

Spiral-Organ

https://imgur.com/7gWHEn4

not dissu shitto again.png
    Am I missing something obvious? First time switching to Vulkan API on 2019.1 and instanced terrain renders far below the ground plane.

There is a strange error about 16 uavs in use, and the scene only plays for a few seconds with choppy audio before the entire editor crashes. I can't upload the project since it is about 27GB in size.

40. Spiral-Organ

Spiral-Organ

oh HELLLL naw.png

.. I stand corrected. It seems DX12 is not running flawlessly either. It crashes occasionally, but is still playing, and has this Graphics.CopyTexture error in the editor.

Also, just like chrisk posted above, I have also noticed significant slowdowns in this version as well, but with a live scene. The combination of Microsplat and Vegetation Studio yielded about 70 - 80 FPS despite a dense forest scene with only lag spikes down to 45 FPS when lookin in the direction of the lampposts in that house above. Right now the highest I am getting is 45 FPS with lows in the 23 FPS. I wanted to see 2019.1 for its physics and further performance boosts via the ECS workflow. Even with 70 FPS I believed I needed to reach over 100FPS for my scene since I insist on using ... certain high poly models with convenient cloth physics and facial blendshapes. I know the performance bottleneck will be there, so I had hoped... but I'm not liking these prospects.

Has the performance been moved over to the ECS system with the traditional gameobject workflow in a state of broken limbo? I'm not really sure what to expect here. I haven't been following any alphas or betas for a long time.

41. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Are you able to reproduce these issues in a smaller scene and with only a subset of your assets?

I'm asking, because these things tend to be difficult, sometimes not possible, to reproduce when not using the same combination of assets. Thus, Unity Technologies might not be able to fix the problem, due to not being able to reproduce it.

If these issues reproduce with only a subset of assets from your project, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

42. Plumpman

Plumpman

I'm getting a major issue with Canvas text.
    All my text fields are no longer updating reliably when setting them through code.

I narrowed down the problem and can reproduce the issue.

My text is properly set, and its in the text field inspector, but its not reflected in editor or game view because the canvas doesn't want to refresh itself. It thinks nothing has changed. If I go to my Canvas and change the Canvas Scaler Reference Resolution, it then forces an update and all my text is updated in editor and game view.

43. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please submit this example via bug-report as described in this document:

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

44. Yukken

Yukken

So I installed Unity 2019.1 without the android sdk. How do I add it back? I don't want to reinstall the whole thing again...
    I can't even download it separately since I don't know which version it requires. Please help.

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

46. Yukken

Yukken

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh, sorry, this is v. 2 beta.

It's the same process in 1.6. Find your installed version of Unity, click on the three dots and select "Add modules". :)

48. Yukken

Yukken

The add modules doesn't appear if I Installed 2019.1 without the hub, which I had to do because It kept on failing to download...

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Add it to the hub, using the "Locate" button on the "Installs" tab.

If you still have the installer, start it, deselect what you have already installed and select what you want to add.

50. Yukken

Yukken

I did add it. I can launch it fine but it won;t let me add components. I found another post on the forums that said that unity version installed outside hub can't add modules.
    I do have the installer. Does android support module include the SDK? Because that's what I'm missing. Or please tell me the SDK version.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.