Search Unity

Unity 2019.1.8f1: ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.'

Discussion in 'Windows' started by renoufa, Oct 15, 2019.

1. renoufa

renoufa

Using Unity 2019.1.8f1 and getting ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' and unity crashes certain machines, i have uploaded the logs and crash dump if anyone can help?

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Is there any reason the game is running under OpenGL? Do you know if it was started using any special command line parameters?

The crash happens because it seems that game resources do not contain shaders for OpenGL yet the game is trying to use it. What graphics APIs was the game built with?

renoufa likes this.
  3. renoufa

renoufa

Thanks for the reply, I set it to OpenGL as this build is multi platform, we were using it for Magic Leap as well as PCVR, I will change it in my build script for Windows and ensure its using DirectX for Windows (after we test it).

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Generally, OpenGL on Windows is super flaky. It's there just for legacy reasons. While we fix certain high impact issues, we don't guarantee that it will support all engine features or have the same performance. I'd recommend sticking for DirectX 11 or 12 (or even Vulkan) when running on Windows even if you use OpenGL on other platforms (like Linux).

5. renoufa

renoufa

Thanks, good to know! I will get our build script to change these out when building for Windows. Appreciate the quick help!

6. FutureWang

FutureWang

Using Unity 2019.3.2f1, my error does not look like about use OpenGL. When i open the project and click on the unity ,it happened。

Attached Files:

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What kind of Unity version is that? It's definitely not 2019.3.2f1 and the hash doesn't match anything on our symbol server...

8. FutureWang

FutureWang

Sorry, it is my mistake. The version is 2019.4.8f1

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It doesn't seem to match 2019.4.8f1 either. Did you download it from the hub?

EDIT: I just found out this is a chinese version of the editor.

Could you submit a bug report on this? It's going to be hard for us to investigate what's going on. Your error is unrelated to the original poster's error.

10. FutureWang

FutureWang

Thanks for the reply, Yes, it is downloaded from the unity hub. I will submit the bug report on this when it happens again.