Search Unity

Unity 2019.1.0f2

Discussion in 'Linux' started by volfase, Apr 18, 2019.

1. volfase

volfase

package manager is missing and i get error (in console) named [20:12:46] when open my project.

jasonboukheir likes this.
  2. jasonboukheir

jasonboukheir

I'm having the same issue.

I'm using Ubuntu 19.04, and have npm installed. I haven't checked for any other dependencies in from the release thread.

I installed my version of unity via the hub, and this is a new project.

Update 1: Just checked that I have the dependencies in the 1st post of this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/
    Still cannot find the package manager UI in my project. I haven't checked the latest 2018.3 version of the editor yet, so I'm going to try looking there now.

Update 2:
    The Package Manager and TextMeshPro windows appear in the latest 2018.3 editor.
    Tried reinstalling 2019.1, and still no Package Manager and TextMeshPro options in the window tab of that editor. I'm having the following errors in my console log:
    https://imgur.com/Os5b3NF

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. Brogan89

Brogan89

hmm im getting the same on Pop_OS 19.04... regret updating now

jasonatkaruna likes this.
  4. HarrisonMonroe

HarrisonMonroe

Does anyone know if Unity Editor will ever be stable on Linux? I wish I could switch to Linux completely, but I love Unity and need to boot up windows to use a stable version.

GabLeRoux likes this.
  5. Brogan89

Brogan89

It will be one day, but that day maybe many years away yet. I am the same boat as many people probably are. Would love to be on Linux full time, but I keep finding myself always going to my Windows machine just so I can use Unity in a more reliable way. At least its one step close now (out of experimental).

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I'd suggest sticking to Ubuntu 18.04 since that's what we officially support.

GabLeRoux, jasonatkaruna and Brogan89 like this.
  7. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

8. ErebusDWT

ErebusDWT

I have the same issue with errors without messages on Ubuntu 19.04, in the Editor.log I see "No usable version of the libssl was found" several times, perhaps this is related to this issue? I think it has to do with a name change in the libssl files from "libssl.so.1.1" to "libssl.1.1" (Not sure about this thought)

jasonatkaruna likes this.
  9. mjd300

mjd300

Would be interested to know if anyone has had success with Unity on Linux. Seems a mess right now. I can install it using the latest build but its buggy. For the first time ever, after installing and closing the Editor after launching from the install, the executable is nowhere to be seen. Seems odd that an established software house is making such crappy Linux versions

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You're supposed to run it through Unity Hub.

11. mjd300

mjd300

I do get that is the recommended way, but this was the stand alone version. I had previously installed Unity Hub and Editor, but it had no way to run the program I installed it for (Universe Sandbox 2), so I was trying the stand alone version

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

You are supposed to support CentOS too; that's what is said in the blog post. :)

13. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Sure, I'd just assumed if he used Ubuntu 19.04, he would not want to migrate to a totally different OS.

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

So is this about a game made in Unity or Unity itself? Those are two very different things. You don't need any of these things for the former - you should just be able to double click on the executable.

These forums are usually focused on developing using Unity, so when you mention "Unity on Linux", everyone will assume you want to make games, not play the ones that are already out there. Besides, people usually go to the developer of a particular game for support in those cases.