Search Unity

Unity 2019.1.0f2 Standalone Installer for Linux?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by shadownicka, Apr 22, 2019.

1. shadownicka

shadownicka

My company is looking to install 2019.1 on our build servers, which are Ubuntu machines. I cannot find a standalone installer for 2019.1 on the main Unity for Linux thread. That thread states (in the post for the 2018.3 release) that standalone installers will be supported as long as Unity Hub does not support command line installation. Unity Hub does not currently support command line options; I have read elsewhere in the forums that version 2.0 of Hub will support that.

Is there any official standalone installer on Linux for 2019.1? If not, is there a reason why they are unsupported even though Unity Hub still does not support command line options? Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: fixed omitted word

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. andrar

andrar

3. shadownicka

shadownicka

I appreciate the response, andrar! I downloaded the above and tested it out on my local machine, and it looks like the above tarball asks me to install Unity Hub when I run
    ./Unity
    . I also needed to install some other components too . Using the newly linked installer on the Unity for Linux thread, though, it seems to be doing what I need it to do. Thank you for the prompt response! :)