Search Unity

Unity 2018.4.1f1 LTS batch build for iOS is not working

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by xg_vahid_ajimine, Jun 5, 2019.

1. xg_vahid_ajimine

xg_vahid_ajimine

So, I tested creating a build in both 2018.4.0f1 and 2018.4.1f1. 2018.4.0f1 works for iOS builds, however, when building with 2018.4.1f1, I get the build error:

I saw that the 2019 versions are having the similar issues as well. Will there be a hotfix for 2018 LTS, or should I keep with 2018.4.0f1 for the time being until this is fixed? Or, is there a workaround?

This is using the
    Code (CSharp):
    1. BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(GetAllScenePaths(), path, BuildTarget.iOS, BuildOptions.None);
    method

2. victorw

victorw

Are you using Cloud Build? I could not find your account in our system. If you are using Cloud Build then please submit a support ticket as this should already be fixed. If you are running locally then you can report a bug via Help -> Report a Bug in the editor. If this is happening to you when running a batch mode build then you should be able to resolve it by providing the
    -username
    and
    -password
    command line flags

3. xg_vahid_ajimine

xg_vahid_ajimine

I think I posted this in the wrong category thread. I'm using TeamCity that runs a shell script
    Where TeamCityBuilder.BuildIosPlayer is calling BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer. Thus, this is probably a batchmode issue for 2018.4.1f1.

4. victorw

victorw

Yes, this is likely to be a similar issue to the one we recently experienced in cloud build. You can report the issue via the Editor or work around the issue by configuring the
    -username
    and
    -password
    flags in your script.

5. xg_vahid_ajimine

xg_vahid_ajimine

Thanks for the support and I will add this to the editor bug reports

6. xg_vahid_ajimine

xg_vahid_ajimine

I actually tried it with the -username -password workaround, and it still did not work.

7. yanivng

yanivng

Same here, got the error on iOS build after upgrading from 2018.4.0f1 to 2018.4.3f1.
    For now, I have disabled Unity cloud build and cloud diagnostics and that seems to have solved the problem.
    @victorw any idea when will this issue be addressed?

8. victorw

victorw

9. yanivng

yanivng

Great, thanks for the update @victorw !

10. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Looks like issue is still coming @ unity 2019.3.0f6

11. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Its working after adding CD access to my jenkins machine user