Search Unity

Unity 2018.3.x Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server issue

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MorningStar, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorningStar

MorningStar

I upgraded from 2018.2.2 to 2018.3.1 last week, and then I can't open any projects or create new projects unless I use -noUpm.
    I have set UNITY_NOPROXY with "127.0.0.1,localhost" and disabled all firewall and anti-virus.
    If I install 2018.2.2 again (overwrite 2018.3) I can still open and create projects, so I'm wondering if there is something different on 2018.3.x ? (I've tried both 2018.3.0 and 2018.3.1 and they have the same issue)

Here is the Editor.log
    And here is the upm.log

2. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hi @MorningStar,

As far as I know (and tried) there is no difference in the way we treat the way UPM connects to the local cache or the distant registry. We fixed timeouts in Closed Network situations so that the npm underlying registry reverts to offline faster, but this does not make you have retries like we see in your log, rather the reverse.

As for setting UNITY_NOPROXY with "127.0.0.1,localhost", you don't need to do it, Unity already does it.

Can you try something for me?

Go to your Unity installation, find Unity Package Manager. Make sure it is present in the installation. Through the command line start Unity Package Manager. On your browser type the following: http://127.0.0.1:10010/health

Please post the results below.

Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

3. MorningStar

MorningStar

Hi,
    I found the UnityPackageManager.exe in my Unity installation folder D:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server
    I started it through command line and typed http://127.0.0.1:10010/health in Chrome, the result is
    {"status":"OK","nodeVersion":"v8.11.3","upmVersion":"v2.7.2"}

4. azulnanni

azulnanni

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I cannot start the editor in any version. I've tryed so many things but nothing is working. The IP adress in the host driver is ok, also the updates of my OS (WIn 10 in my case) are at the date. Sorry if I´m not seeing something obvious here, I'm not a programmer just a 3d artist trying to make things interactive. Please help!

5. JCIPL

JCIPL

XR Unity Package Manager Error code : ECONNREFUSED

I am trying to open MixedRealityToolkit unity project in Unity3d 2018.3.9. then i am getting an error

An error occurred while resolving packages
    com.unity.xr.arcore:Cannot connect to 35.238.21.138:443'(Error code : ECONNREFUSED)
    com.unity.xr.arfoundation:Cannot connect to 35.238.21.138:443'(Error code : ECONNREFUSED)
    com.unity.xr.arkit:Cannot connect to 35.238.21.138:443'(Error code : ECONNREFUSED)
    com.unity.xr.openvr.standalone:Cannot connect to 35.238.21.138:443'(Error code : ECONNREFUSED)

For better understanding please find the attachment L_AC22.tmp.PNG

I found the UnityPackageManager.exe in my Unity installation folder D:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server
    I started it through command line and typed http://127.0.0.1:10010/health in Chrome, the result is
    {"status":"OK","nodeVersion":"v8.11.3","upmVersion":"v2.7.2"}
    upload_2019-4-9_16-17-11.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@JCIPL ,

This is not a problem with the PackageManager itself. There is something in your environment preventing the Package Manager to connect to the server to download packages (either anti-virus or a firewall). Please, check with your IT dept to make sure you can access the Package Manager registry. See this pinned post for more info: https://forum.unity.com/threads/network-configuration.590470/ .

Regards,

Pascal

JCIPL likes this.
  7. azulnanni

azulnanni

This is the message I get any time trying to open the editor. Please, what could be making this happen?

Attached Files:

8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@azulnanni , Have you checked your firewall and proxy configuration as suggested by the error message?

gonzaloconstans2005 likes this.
  9. azulnanni

azulnanni

@okcompute_unity Thanks for answering. I've tryed deactivating my firewall and still the same. I've not modified any proxy configuration since the last time I used Unity. When trying to open a project it stops at this point and then the same error window appears.

Attached Files:

10. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

11. warlock_summoner

warlock_summoner

I have a similar error. Could someone help me out? Screenshot (1).png

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

i also got the same error

13. Forster-Xia

Forster-Xia

It sucks, I've tried thousands of ways, I till can Nooooot connect package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Forster-Xia

Forster-Xia

Here is a way to make your unity project's red warnings go away ( I don't advice it cause I don't know if the packages were installed correctly ):
    1. Reimport All;
    2. Don't Update when it asks you "Would you like to update your project to always ba able to find the latest version of the Vuforia Engine in the fu*king package manager window?";
    3. Clear
    That's it, package manager really sucks!

15. sajeeltufail19587

sajeeltufail19587

Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png I'm very confused as to what to do about this. Could someone please help??

16. sajeeltufail19587

sajeeltufail19587

I ran the diagnostics and this is what happened Screenshot (7).png

17. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

VitruvianStickFigure likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.