Search Unity

Unity 2018.3 Timeline Root Motion Bug

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Hazneliel, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

I have the following problem that started to happen when I upgraded to Unity 2018.3

When I play a timeline on an object which has an Animator Controller, then it ignores the root motion, even if I set all to baked, even ticking the Apply Root motion on the Animator Controller the Timeline will keep ignoring this and make the character slide.

Look at the video and notice how removing the AnimationController changes the behavior.

If I preview this on Editor it looks fine because on editor the AnimationController is not active, but of course on Play mode when the animation controller is active then the problem starts to happen again.

I need an Animation Controller as fallback when blending from the timeline to an idle state, but since having this creates this problem I dont know what to do, and again, this is something that started to happen on Unity 2018.3

I appreciate any help you could provide.

Regards

2. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

3. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi,
    seem there is a alot of config stuff going on there. Can you please provide a file with the setup where you have this issue so we can have a look at it?

thanks!

4. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed your response.

Here is a test project on Unity 2018.3.0f2

I also made a video using this project:

5. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Thanks a bunch for the repro! very interesting way to do it with timeline!
    So it seem to be a bug on the animation side, we opened a bug (ID: #1115086) and we will have to investigate a bit further for that one!
    Good catch!

Hazneliel likes this.
  6. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

This issue was found on Unity 2018.3.1f0
    Do you think you can update the ticket so people will know that this may affect them on the current release?

7. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

not sure why it isn't picking it up actually, on our dashboard its clearly tagged as a 18.3 issue but the version it was identified first is in 19.1, so that might be the issue, ill ask around. thanks

Hazneliel likes this.
  8. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello Thierry, this issue has been marked as fixed in 2018.3 but it has been not, Im still able to reproduce this issue on 2018.3.3

Do you think you can check this, why it has been marked as fixed?

Thank you