Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.3- game build bug?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NvrDn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. NvrDn

NvrDn

Hello,
    I am very frustrated about one thing that I saw repeating over and over. Let's say you have a big and complex scene, with backed lights, and so on. When hit build, the " Auto Generate" from Lightning tab gets checked in, and overrides the lightnings with 0 backed lightning; So in the compiled game, the backed lights are not applied. Leaving everything to look way off in the final product rather in editor's "Play Mode".

Before the build; Lightning settings and how the game is supposed to look.

Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 9.22.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 9.21.32 PM.png

During the build: (Unity editor is Checking the Auto Generate, by itself and overtires my lightning maps)
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 9.13.41 PM.png

The final build looks like this:
    Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 9.18.03 PM.png

As a note: The scene is from Unity's Icon Collection, but Unity does the same thing to a lot of complicated scenes that uses backed lightning, overriding with NULL lightning data on build.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  2. Yorp

Yorp

Unity Technologies

One of our developers took a look on this and came up with a conclusion that what's actually happening in this particular project is that generated texture for all the objects in the scene is over the single file size limit of 4 GB. In that case, the texture could not be displayed correctly anymore.

There is a plan for increasing this file size limit, but ETA for it is still unknown.

The way to prevent this from happening is to decrease the texture maximum size for some or all of the objects in a single scene and possibly remove all of the objects which are disabled in a scene and won’t be used at all during the runtime.

Joe-Censored likes this.
unityunity