Search Unity

Unity 2018.3 builds never finish, auto-cancel after 3 hrs

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by andersemil, Feb 19, 2019.

1. andersemil

andersemil

We are in the process of upgrading our mobile project to Unity 2018.3. Everything builds and works locally, but on Cloud Build, the process never finishes and is auto-canceled after a few hours, both Android and iOS target.

Logs look fine, no errors, "Finished exporting player successfully." appears in the log but for some reason native build never happens, perhaps because a process hangs?

I've contacted support but they have not replied for five days.

Anyone else having this issue? It's the only thing blocking us from upgrading.

2. IOU_RAY

IOU_RAY

Hi there,

We just had an issue where our build failed but without any issue in the log in the last hour, with several builds prior without issue.

3. andersemil

andersemil

Strange, but it doesn't really sound like the same problem. Our builds cancel, they don't fail.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

In the past few weeks, I've had several canceled builds, but in each case they've eventually succeeded after restarting the builds (sometimes with a Clean Build thrown in just in case).

5. andersemil

andersemil

Okay, but this is consistent to only the branch where we’ve upgraded from 2017.3.4 to 2018.3.5. Every build hangs. Our 2017.3.4 builds never hang.

6. andersemil

andersemil

So I've been in contact with unity support for about a month now and they finally realized it was in fact a known issue when building XR apps in batchmode:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...s-to-close-the-editor-after-build-is-complete

This sucks big time, because it means it is not just a cloud build issue, but we can't even do local batchmode builds. So we HAVE to manually build every test app until they decide to fix it.

mta666 likes this.