Search Unity

Unity 2018.3 + ARCore as Exported Project - 'Unable to find UnityARCore'

Discussion in 'AR' started by KrikeyAdmin, Dec 21, 2018.

1. KrikeyAdmin

KrikeyAdmin

I'm running into an issue where I get the error of 'Unable to find UnityARCore' when I 'Export Project' and attempt to run it on my device. If I instead build straight from Unity to my device, it works fine.

I found a few other people having this issue:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50578439/unity-arcore-dllnotfoundexception-arcore-unity-api
    https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk/issues/436

I'm running ARFoundation preview 22 and ARCore preview 24.

One person commented and said : 'I migrated back to Unity 2018.x to 2017.4.6f => now it works'

We are using the new LWRP in our project so obviously we need to stay on Unity 2018.3

Is this a known issue @tdmowrer ?

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

This is not an issue of which we are aware. I just tried the Export Project option using the same package versions and Unity 2018.3.0f2. I imported the project into Android Studio and ran it on a Pixel (1). It worked as expected and the video feed rendered correctly. I also inspected the APK built from Android Studio, and the ARCore+ARFoundation related libraries are present. Their location matches those in the APK built from Unity, so it seems everything is working as expected.

Are you able to reproduce this using the ARFoundation samples GitHub repo?

3. KrikeyAdmin

KrikeyAdmin

@tdmowrer Thanks for looking into this for me. After coming back to this, I restarted the whole process from scratch and was able to build successfully this time. Sorry for mis reporting this issue, I'm not sure what the problem was for me in the beginning!

4. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Glad it's working for you now. If you see this issue again, a Development Build may provide more details in logcat, for instance, why it couldn't load or where it was trying to load it from, rather than just "Unable to load".

5. AlCampbell

AlCampbell

I'm having the same issue in a project that was originally created using ARCore before moving over to ARFoundation.

Analysing the APKs shows that the version exported and built in Android Studio contains libarcore_unity_api.so, while the version built directly in Unity contains libUnityARCore.so. Is there any reason why the build method would affect the files included in the APK like this?

6. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

It sounds like you are comparing an APK built with the ARCore SDK for Unity vs ARFoundation. The ARCore SDK for Unity contains a lib called libarcore_unity_api.so while ARFoundation uses one called libUnityARCore.so. These are two completely different SDKs that use different libraries. This does not sound like a difference between Unity and Android Studio -- are you sure you are analyzing apks built from the same project?

7. AlCampbell

AlCampbell

Definitely from the same project, built one immediately after the other. I'll take another look through the project to make sure that everything from the old ARCore version has been stripped out properly.

Cheers.

8. AlCampbell

AlCampbell

I managed to find a couple of leftover ARCore SDK files and removing them has resolved the UnityARCore not found error, but we are still unable to run an exported project.

Running a build from Android Studio now throws a series of errors in logcat:

2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Camera subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Depth subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Plane subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Raycast subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, ReferencePoint subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Session subsystem will be unavailable!
    2019-03-19 09:19:09.255 14248-14274/? E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Input subsystem will be unavailable!

I can see that others have had this problem, as there is an issue raised on GitHub, but it doesn't look like anyone has had any luck in finding a solution?

9. vishalghadge

vishalghadge

I am also getting the exception DllNotFoundException, i am using unity 2018.3.5f1
    and android studio 3.1.2 ,

Attached Files:

10. Aelop

Aelop

Same Error in 2018.3.6 ,black screen
    Apk Libs from Exported from android studio
    9G[])A4I$3G65]5M1X]PR(N.png

and this one directly export from Unity
    20190401181644.png

11. vishalghadge

vishalghadge

I have debugged with development build and its giving error like this
    "Unable to lookup library path for 'arpresto_api', native render plugin support disabled."
    what to do now

12. Aelop

Aelop

After disabling Instant Run in Android studio, this error no showing up, and ARCore runs well

13. vishalghadge

vishalghadge

It's not working for me can you share the steps you done form scratch

14. Aelop

Aelop

maybe you should try to reinstall ARCore XR Plugin in Package Manager

15. FEERtheGame

FEERtheGame

Thanks @Aelop
    Disabling Instant Run in Android Studios also solved the problem for us

16. ypatiaar

ypatiaar

Hi, i am facing the same issue.
    I am using googles arcore because i need anchors ( i don't know if arfoundation supports them).
    I have embed unity in a sub view in andoid's activity. I am compiling using IL2CPP but when my app triggers the unity i get
    Unable to find arpresto_api
    E/Unity: DllNotFoundException: arcore_unity_api.

Any help please

Thank you.

17. DaipayanRoy

DaipayanRoy

@ypatiaar I am facing the same issue.
    I am using unity 2018.2.16 and ARcore 1.11(latest on github).
    I was able to export android studio project and lauch it from an android app as an activity. I am also compiling using IL2CPP.
    But on launch the camera is not working and i am getting the same error :
    E/Unity: DllNotFoundException: arcore_unity_api.

Were you able to find any solution? Can anyone guide me towards what might be going wrong? Thank you

attached a portion of the logcat.

Thanks a ton.!

Attached Files:

• LOG.txt
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019