Search Unity

Unity 2018.3.2; Build Fails because IL2CPP fatal error C1060: compiler is out of heap space

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by jashan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. jashan

jashan

I have successfully done builds of this project before with 2018.3.0. Meanwhile, I have added a few classes in my own custom package (but not a lot of classes, this is kind of a tiny prototype project). I also upgraded to 2018.3.2. Now I'm trying to do builds - but I'm getting this super-useful error message:

Oh boy ;-)

I believe the relevant information is: fatal error C1060: compiler is out of heap space

In builds before, I have had a different error message: LNK1318: Unexpected PDB error

Googling that previous error, I found this posting on Stackoverflow, which made me assume that probably something was still left from the 2018.3.0 builds, that maybe caused trouble. So I deleted the folders
    Library/il2cpp_cache
    and
    Library/ScriptAssemblies
    . Apparently, that did fix one issue.

Now, I'm also getting Unhandled Exception: OutOfMemoryException.

Any ideas what's going on with this?

Btw, there should be a tag "IL2CPP"!

2. jashan

jashan

Never mind ... another reboot fixed this, so apparently, something was wrong with my development machine.

3. jashan

jashan

Oh well, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Updated SRP and Visual Effect Graph from 4.4.0 to 4.8.0, and on the next build, I got this one again:

FF8025E04DEB2D98901CD13E0C7A6650.obj : fatal error LNK1318: Unexpected PDB error; OK (0) ''

4. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

Also seeing this happen in our CI pipeline which builds on a clean image.