Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.3.11f1 and Android API 29

Discussion in 'Android' started by Primoz56, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Primoz56

Primoz56

Hi guys,

I've seen the posts on how to get API 29 to work with Unity and have tried almost everything but I get the feeling Unity 2018.3 doesn't support anything higher than API 28. I can use API 29 and 30 in newer Unity and have installed it to the path where my project is run from via Android Studio. I have also tried redirecting Unity 2018 to my Unity 2019 SDK path since that one works fine but no luck. I cant upgrade my project to 2019 or even a higher 2018 since there's a lot of animator and prefab issues.

Anyone know of any way to get older Unity versions to work with API 29 or higher?

Thanks,
    Primoz

2. Primoz56

Primoz56

Just an update, a fresh project in 2018.3 does have the correct API levels available, but my old project does not.

I am getting the following warning too:
    Failed getting available Android API levels. Make sure your android sdk tools version is 25 or higher and you have internet connection.
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

My target API is set to Automatic, just in case anyone wishes to go down that route.

3. VaidasM

VaidasM

Unity Technologies

Hey Primoz, Unity 2018.3 is not a supported version, please update to a newer one. If your project is rather sizeable, I'd recommend not making a huge leap to the newest releases, but rather using any of the LTS versions (seeing that you've been using 2018.3, the simplest transition would be to 2018.4):
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/lts-releases

Hope that helps!